Good Home Deodorizers!

Options
Like many of you, I like my home to smell good. I'm tired of buying different plugs like air wick, glade etc..that ultimately smell good but end of wasting $$. Anyone have good ideas on how to keep your home smelling good inexpensively. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you! LOL The only thing I've had any luck with is using the Febreze oil air fresheners (that are supposed to look "prettier" than a cone). They're pretty cheap and as long as it's not a huge space they last for quite a while.
  • Christina74S
    Christina74S Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Actually I take lime juice, small pieces of orange peel lemon juice and water in a squirt bottle and spray it around. I love citrus smells
  • snickers14
    Options
    I use vanilla essence. Our house was quite musty smelling when we got it and I read somewhere to put a few drops of vanilla essence on a cotton ball and then in a small dish and it takes the musty smell out the room. It def does work and makes the room smell lovely. The only thing is, it doesn't look that nice so I usually put it behind things, you can still get the smell but don't have people wondering what that brown ball in a dish is!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Simple and free!

Kick the guys out of the house! LOL
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites: Put a dollop of peanut butter in a pan and set the stove top to a low heat setting. A few minutes later, your house will smell like peanut butter cookies. And who doesn't love that smell?

Otherwise, attack problem areas with a vinegar-water mixture. You can use that on most surfaces and clean windows with it as well.
    -wtk
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas :smile: