Calories!!!

Options
Hey everyone i hope you are having a good day !

Okay this is going to be long im sorry for this..

Okay im 21 and i weigh 79kg, height: 158cm . Im a college student so i normally walk to my car or climb stairs during the day. Im trying to be healthy and do exercises 3 times a week.

My problem is that i dont know how many calories i should consume and burn a day to lose weight.

In MyFitnessPal i choose to lose 0.5kg a week and it set 1300kcal to consume per day to lose that. So when i exercise (3 times a week) i tend to lose 300-400 calories. I normally eat it back because I thought even without exercising i should still be losing 0.5 kg right?!

I even bought fitbit charge hr tracker to track my calories burned i just dont know how many i should! I set it randomly to 2400 calories per day and i usually it that.

The things i have been noticing is i am losing weight and im so happy but lately i have been feeling fatigued all the time, im always hungry, sleepy and suffer from headache everyday.

Can you guys help me? How many i should consume? Burn in total per day?

Thank you so much !! And sorry again

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Over the last four weeks how much weight have you lost week on week?
  • fatoomalrowaiei
    fatoomalrowaiei Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

I started 72 days ago and i was 83 kg now im between 78.5-79 . So i think i did lose 0.5 per week
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

I started 72 days ago and i was 83 kg now im between 78.5-79 . So i think i did lose 0.5 per week

Then you are getting the calorie balance right to hit your chosen rate of loss target. You have found the numbers you are looking for already.

But to address your issues of "fatigued all the time, im always hungry, sleepy and suffer from headache everyday." you need to either change your food choices, maybe eating pattern or consider switching to a slower rate of loss.

Drinking enough?
    Did you make radical changes to your food choices? (Electrolytes out of balance due to food restrictions perhaps?)

• tracymegan
    tracymegan Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The issue with 1300 calories is that it’s very challenging to maintain. You also want to use the macro nutrients to make sure you are getting enough protein and are not consuming too many fats or carbs that can lead to that sluggish feeling. You are what you eat and calorie is just energy. Your body uses different types of calories differently.