Portion Control, no excercise down 27 pounds

Options
Nutritionislife
Nutritionislife Posts: 25 Member
edited October 2017 in Recipes
I usually eat cereal or oatmeal. If i go out to eat for breakfast, I'll usually eat chicken caldo (soup); normal us Mexican Americans lol. I use to use a measuring cup because i would always use a normal size bowl or a big cup for cereal...now i use bowls that equal 1 cup for every meal. I also use my sons baby spoons to slow down and take my time with one cup. (Hey! It works) I also use almond milk, 30 calories. With some quality cereal such as kashi. If i go out, I order kids meals or only eat half the plate and save the rest for another time. This app has taught me a lot about serving sizes and nutrition. For my 5' 1" frame, I have to be careful with how much i am eating! I started at 178 this past May and I weigh 150 today...27 pounds in 4 months. Slow, but thats with no excercise, only diet modifications. :)

Replies

• cwilber1
    cwilber1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What is your goal weight for your frame? I am the same height and I guess medium frame. I'm wondering what a good ultimate goal is for my build. Do you have a specific weight that you feel best at? Eventually I will discuss this with my doctor, but I have so much to lose its a long term goal. Also using diet modifications only at this time as you are. Thanks for the info!
  • Nutritionislife
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My goal weight is 125-128, for 5'1" this is also a good BMI range. I always failed weight because I was about 2 pounds over, but always passed BMI. I was in the Army before so I know for our height this is our healthy range. I also felt the strongest and healthiest ever at that time. I would recommend excercise along with diet but at this time with my son it very difficult. I do plan on adding excercise soon!
  • cwilber1
    cwilber1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I thought this might be the range. Like I said its looooong time goal! I plan on trying to get some exercise as well, after I talk to my rhumatologist ( severe arthritis). Might try a gym to gain some strength. Appreciate the answer back.
  • Nutritionislife
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just watch portion control and eat more often, like little healthy snacks to fuel you through the day. So you wont binge eat on unhealthy foods. Use this app and scan everything you eat. You will see what foods are good or not through the nutrition counters. Oh, also watch your hidden drink calories from bad sugars. I started drinking only water. I drink nothing else unless I feel like drinking a couple beers or smirnoffs certain days. Good luck!