The Plateau

Options
I had been doing Piyo, counting calories and I walk at work about 600+steps or 3+ miles everyday but I could never get below 158. On a good, lucky day I would hit 158. I had a moment where I went "to hell with it" and went up to 164. I started doing Fit & Lean meal replacement shakes twice and day and got back down to 159. But now I'm stuck.
I'm starting up Piyo again (I'm planning on doing 'Sweat' Every other day) along with Meal replacement twice a day as well as my Steps (I don't have a choice there lol work requires I walk around)

I counted calories and was doing Piyo for about 18 days ( I fell off the boat when I wasn't getting off of work til 9-10 pm) and lost inches, however my weight remained the same. I chalked it up to developing muscle that replaced the fat/inches I was losing and why my weight remained consistent.

I wondered if maybe my thyroids were messed up?? Or something else that was stopping me from losing weight despite my efforts. Or maybe my genetics are just that strong??

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/kloroformkitten
There's my diary.
I fell off for a long while while I had a crappy phone that couldn't fit MFP on it.

Replies

• Mommac74
    Mommac74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been plateaued for about a month myself
  • Kloroformkitten
    Kloroformkitten Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How tall are you and what is your goal weight?
    Based on your profile info, I'm guessing you have about 20 lbs or less to lose. You should be aiming for 1 lb per week or less. You have to give it more than 18 days. Your body has lots of stuff other than fat or muscle in it, and that other stuff (especially water weight) fluctuates all the time. It is really easy for a 1/2 lb loss to hide behind a normal weight fluctuation.

My suggestions:
    1. Skip the meal replacements - you need to find a way to eat for the rest of your life at the right calorie level, and I'm assuming you don't want to drink 2 meals a day forever, right?
    2. Get a digital scale.
    3. Commit to logging your food for the foreseeable future.
    4. Read the stickie posts, especially the one with logging tips.
    5. Commit to using the food scale for all solid and semisolid food (packaged food, whole food, everything) for at least a couple of weeks. This will shine a light on where you are missing calories.
    6. Double check the entries you are using in the database. Try to find the brand you are actually eating, and for whole foods include USDA in the search term. Lots of entries are user-entered and wrong.

If after 2 or 3 months of honest, accurate, consistent logging and hitting your calorie goal you don't see some movement, get a physical and blood work to ensure there is not a medical condition throwing off your numbers.

Good luck!

The replacements are my attempt to jump start my weight loss. I figured after I lose the weight, I'd drop the.

Got a digital scale

I log my food in My Fitness pal

Will do

I'll try and find one

I usually try to only use entries with the green check when possible, a lot of times there arent. Usually that's when I create the entry and copy the info from the packages

Ty!!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    The replacements are my attempt to jump start my weight loss. I figured after I lose the weight, I'd drop the.
    [/quote]

The flaw in the plan is that it's very short sighted. As soon as you stop drinking them you'll put the weight right back on. Instead, you need to practice eating real food in quantities that will help you reach/maintain your weight goals. It's a bad plan.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Eat less