Ladies

Options
Ladies do you normally weigh yourself during that time of the month? I know we all can gain up to 5 pounds during your period from water retention. Or do you just weigh yourself after it's all over with?
I weighed myself, but I didn't put it in or anything just because I know I'm holding onto some water because I gained a pound or two.

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I actually lose more at that time. I gain a week or so before it.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday regardless. I usually gain the week before period and on the second day it starts coming off and after several days I'm usually at a new low. I love that time!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I feel like ive answered this recently

Yes. I weigh every tuesday morning. I just dont lose my *kitten* if its up a bit as i know its water retention
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I feel like ive answered this recently

Yes. I weigh every tuesday morning. I just dont lose my *kitten* if its up a bit as i know its water retention

I weigh myself everyday I haven't recently because I know I'm on my period but I don't freak out because Yano water retention lol.
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I weigh everyday regardless. I usually gain the week before period and on the second day it starts coming off and after several days I'm usually at a new low. I love that time!
    I weigh myself everyday as well. I noticed a gain, I weighed myself this morning and noticed a loss so it's coming back off. That's awesome you're at a new low every time!
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I do, and I try to be good about logging it into my trending app. It comes in handy if you're having one of those irrational moments and you can look back on previous months, see it went up then too, and that it came back down. I did go through a weird phase of being really stubborn about logging hormonal gains recently, and now I'm kicking myself for it, because I think I'm seeing a new pattern, but I can't be sure because I'm relying on memory rather than cold, hard data.
    That's actually a really good idea! I don't really get too freaked out over the scale fluctuating, I use too but not anymore.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I do. I think weighing daily helps you see what the water fluctuations are and what is gradual weight gain. If I gain 3lbs overnight it's clearly not fat.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I do not. I gain lots of water weight and bloat at the start of my cycle. I wait a few days and weigh. It's mental
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    I do. I think weighing daily helps you see what the water fluctuations are and what is gradual weight gain. If I gain 3lbs overnight it's clearly not fat.

I agree!
    bmayes2014 wrote: »
    I do not. I gain lots of water weight and bloat at the start of my cycle. I wait a few days and weigh. It's mental
    I think I gained about 3 pounds in water weight! I'm definitely bloated. But I weighed myself anyways it's all starting to come off now!
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yup. I weigh in daily. It's actually the week before when my weight spikes, and it drops back off when my period starts.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I actually lose more at that time. I gain a week or so before it.

This.
  • fromaquasar1
    fromaquasar1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh and stay chill about it. I use an app that tracks your weight loss trend instead of any one day (I can gain a kilo from eating a burger the night before that's not really there). It smoothes out fluctuations so any random spikes and drops aren't a big deal!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

I weigh and stay chill about it. I use an app that tracks your weight loss trend instead of any one day (I can gain a kilo from eating a burger the night before that's not really there). It smoothes out fluctuations so any random spikes and drops aren't a big deal!
    Do you use happy scale? That's what I use
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I started to for the first time during this cycle just so I could better understand how my weight fluctuates day by day. Also installed Libra on my phone.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You know it's water weight...you didn't count it as weight gain...

Why do you keep posting things like this?

What are you talking about lol? If you got a problem, don't *kitten* comment. I'm literally so fed up with comments like these. I said it's water retention and I asked if anyone just doesn't weigh themselves or if they do.

Totally agree. It's very annoying
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    You know it's water weight...you didn't count it as weight gain...

Why do you keep posting things like this?

What are you talking about lol? If you got a problem, don't *kitten* comment. I'm literally so fed up with comments like these. I said it's water retention and I asked if anyone just doesn't weigh themselves or if they do.

Totally agree. It's very annoying

VERY
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I actually installed an app last night to track my weight from day-to-day. Not that I can't do it on my own but I wanted to see it in graph-form so that I could see any possible trends. I'm interested in actually knowing how my maintenance is going and if my period does affect it.

What was the app called?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sure why not? How can you see the trends if you avoid tracking them? It is just information - nothing to hide from.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Sure why not? How can you see the trends if you avoid tracking them? It is just information - nothing to hide from.

That's very true. I weigh myself during that time, I just wanted to know if others do too!