When is your weight loss journey good enough?

Options
Hey fellow weight loss friends .. I was at my highest weight 2 years ago and I've lost 55 pounds to date. I'm currently weigh 135-138 it goes up and down and I'm at a standstill.. I have this goal set in my mind where I want a flatter stomach (I know) what girl doesn't?! I've hired a personal trainer even though I walk a ton at work I'm in the nursing field and walk home from work which is a 40 min walk cardio anyone? Anyways I workout twice a week I can't do anymore then that I'm tired.. people say I look good but I hate my stomach area love my legs and arms! I need motivation I feel like I eat good no junk well .. does alcohol count? And the odd poutine .. drink water like it's going out of style but I can't seem to hit my goal weight of 130. Anyone addicted to getting to their goal weight? Any words of wisdom? Would love some feedback I just can't stop looking at the scale and if I eat something bad I'm super guilty the next day.. I feel like I have an addiction lol! No matter how many people tell me I look good I don't think I do!!

Replies

• 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I could have written this! Now I'm starting to doubt my 130 goal. Its hard to see so little change the last month or so after big changes the previous 11 months. I don't know maybe I need to get a %body fat scale and watch that instead of pounds.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I didn't have a goal weight, more of a range, when I got there, I was good enough.

Now, do I think I have an awesome body? NO. I still have stomach fat, flappy thighs, and a bit too much cushion in the chest area. But I'm close to 40 and honestly, I hate exercise. I do it for health, but I'm never going to be one of those people who love weight lifting or running. It's just not happening.

So for me, there had to be a happy medium. I made it with in that "range", I'm healthy, feel good and look good in clothes and my favorite stuff fits again.

I lost almost 15lbs in the last 3 months and even my BF can't tell. I'm just a smaller verision of myself...
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think if you really want to transform your body to look a certain way, you should keep going for it. It may not always be possible to look like a model or the extremely fit and flawless woman you imagine yourself to be- but there is always room for progress. Don't stop. Just accept that it won't come overnight. Maybe it'll take 4 months... or 6 ... or a year... if you're doing what you should be doing you'll get to where you want to be- or at least closer than where you already are! And plus, getting complacent is kind of boring anyway. I think after I hit the mark I'm looking towards I'd set some type of new goal.

I'm in the same boat.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Not sure how tall you are, but I'm at about the same weight as you with a goal of 130 (I'm 5-7). I don't mind my stomach, but my arms and legs still look heavy. So just the opposite! :#
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    For me I am more fixated on a certain physique vs a certain weight. I wish it was as easy as just losing weight.

Not sure on your height but if you are near your goal I would definitely start strength training now to work on body composition while you lose those last few lbs, then continue to do so when you get to goal. Believe me it makes a huge difference. It doesn't have to be a lot either, it can be done 2-3x per week.

ETA: I would also drop the food guilt. You can eat as healthy as you want, but if you aren't eating in a deficit, you won't lose.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Maybe 130 isn’t your goal weight? As posters above said, try a range and focus more on your shape and not the numbers..... easier said than done. But something to think about. :)
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have goals that may be outside the realm of weight loss alone. This thread may help:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

As far as goal weight, it's not just about getting there- we have to be willing to live the lifestyle that will enable us to maintain a particular number. If the calorie allowance and/or amount of activity required to sustain a particular weight is unacceptable to a person, they'll have to choose a different goal.
  • bruinsfan87
    bruinsfan87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Maybe 130 isn’t your goal weight? As posters above said, try a range and focus more on your shape and not the numbers..... easier said than done. But something to think about. :)
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »

• bruinsfan87
    Options
    That is very true! Thanks for the response!
  • bruinsfan87
    Options
    Thank you guys for the responses!!!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I find that certain foods cause more stomach bloat. Mostly sugar, but also beer and high fiber. You might experiment with eating less sugar or less carbs to see if it makes a difference.

Genetics also makes a difference. Chances are you inherited genes that store weight in your stomach. I store weight in my thighs. No matter how thin I get, I'll always have big legs. They're smaller than they were, but unless I want to be seriously underweight, I'll have fat thighs. I wish the fat would move to my bust, but no, I lose weight first there.