NO MORE STUPID TABLETS

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Ever since I have remembered I have been on tablets for my depression and anxiety.

Ever since I have started running, I have not needed the tablets anymore and am feeling happier and more stress-free than EVER :) That's what the miracle of endorphins does to you I guess!!! WOOHOO :) So happy! :)

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic news. Good for you!!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! Keep it up!
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Good for you! Wish more people would swap out exercise for drugs.
  • blowmeaway
    Options
    That's great news! Good job thanks for sharing.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    WOW that's amazing congratulations - keep that running up :)
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it going.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    That's awesome! And very good to know! Keep up the great work girl!
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is such great news. Thanks for sharing it with us ;)
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    You are awesome and I am so happy for your result. I am really trying to talk my wife into exercising with me because even her doctor told her that exercise can help reduce her need for the meds. I am not trying to get her to do a p90x routine or anything just some walking or light jogging to start but she is very reluctant.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic success!!! :) So happy and proud of you. Congrats!!! :bigsmile:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear that!! My husbnad tells would tell me just excercise and the aniexty will not be as bad, He was so right..Nothing feels better than after you workout!
  • chachii26
    Options
    That's great!! keep it up!!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Great news! :)

Make sure though you keep going to your doctor that was managing your medication before. It is very important to keep going to those regular check-in appointments. (even to report on good health, and a balanced life).
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Best NSV ever! Coming of antidepressants was one of the hardest things I did.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Ever since I have remembered I have been on tablets for my depression and anxiety.

Ever since I have started running, I have not needed the tablets anymore and am feeling happier and more stress-free than EVER :) That's what the miracle of endorphins does to you I guess!!! WOOHOO :) So happy! :)

Congrats! I totally understand. Most people don't realize what the body's natural drugs can do for them. I love my "runner's high"! Keep it up!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm right with you. After taking antidepressants for more than two years, I've been off them for about 2 months.

Although now, when I'm in a bad mood, my husband no longer says, "Did you remember to take your pill today?" He says, "Do you need to go for a run?" :laugh: If I go more than 2 days without exercise, I get edgy.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is truly a miracle, congrats to you!
  • missionwtls
    Options
    Awesome! :smile:
  • bambam78
    Options
    May the Force be with you.:happy:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Great job, this is a good thing....if you don't need the drugs, just need the lifestyle change then that is better. keep your chin up. i have gotten a lot of improvement with my anxiety after excersing every morning and changing my eating habits. plus i have more energy and improved mood, a lot happier ...its amazing feeling!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!