Little victories (The war is not won with one fight)

Options
I think it is all to easy for us to get caught up in focusing on bad like what we didn't lose, we had a few drink after work or on the weekend, we had that second serve of grandma's cooking... Yet we forget about the little things like remembering to log our food, drinking more water, didn't have to struggle as much to do up those jeans, at the work morning tea you choose the fruit over the donut...

I think we need to focus on the LITTLE VICTORIES...

So my little Victory for this week is I have cut my Coke intake from 1.5 - 2 litres a day and some days more down to around 400mls instead I'm drinking 2+ litres of water a day....

What is your little victory for the week?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My little victory for today is that even though I woke up at 2:30 a.m. I didn't advance my breakfast time. I had breakfast when I want it, after 6:00 a.m. This give me a chance of staying within my calorie budget for the day.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Good thread.
    'Small daily improvements are the key to staggering long term success.' Robin Sharma
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Yes, great thread! I think the little victories are extremely important. They help build habits and give us the confidence to keep going.

Actually, I think these little victories and the feelings that come from them are the "motivation" that so many people are looking for. Just get started. Change one small thing. You'll feel great both physically and emotionally and it will spur you to make the next change.
  • changetime77
    changetime77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Last week was a crap week with food as I was stressed and ate not the best, the week was topped off with a trip to the ER late Sunday night with hubby (all good now) and had to take the keys to the car off the 19 year old who has no respect...

But my Little Victory for the week
    I logged everything I ate regardless of what it was
    NO weight gain!!!!!!
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I needed this little reminder. Thank you! And youre not the only one with disrespectful teenagers tonight!

Keep up your good work!
  • cmvanzalinge
    cmvanzalinge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!! I am super frustrated that I can’t keep on track with my food on the weekends and my progress has plateaued. My little victory is I still got up and got to exercise this morning and exercised at lunch!
  • desnyder210
    desnyder210 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My small little victory today was that my co-worker offered me Lay's sour cream and onion potato chips and I said no thank you! :)
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    A fellow teacher said she would show me her chocolate stash. I asked for some sugarless gum instead. (I will have chocolate when necessary. But not today! )
  • NewBetterBest18
    NewBetterBest18 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My co-workers left me a large bag of chocolates. How sweet of them (no pun intended). I just put them up in the cabinet and didn't have any!
  • paulogbh
    paulogbh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My big little victory is to not drink a can of beer while walking my dog at night. I love craft beer! and I hate to get drunk, so don't think I'm an addict... I just love the taste of an amazing well done beer. So, I made the habit of drink one can of IPA every night... good for the spirit, not so good for my belly. Anyway, now I made myself a deal. If I drink once in a weekday, I won't be able to drink on Friday, and so on. It's tough... but It makes the taste of weekend's beer better... It's called, I DESERVE IT!
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Had fallen off track for several months trying to get back to logging food, making better food choices etc I am a huge sugar addict I LOVE anything sweet but once I have a bite I need the entire thing. My victory today was that someone brought me 6 gourmet donuts (each one the size of Cleveland) I honestly could smell the sugar in them but I didn't even try one I put the. Out in the brake room at work others to enjoy.
  • changetime77
    changetime77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Had to go and get something from grocery store as I walked in they had lovely passionfruit melting moments so I picked up a packet, hadn't eaten, was annoyed and knew that would hit the spot but knowing it really didn't fit into any form of healthy eating (I was going to eat the whole packet I know!) I went and grab the other stuff I needed and before leaving went and put them back and got som prosciutto and light cream cheese instead....
    Little victories