Trying to lose the baby weight!

Options
Hello everyone a newbie here! Got introduced to myfitnesspal by an instructor when I rejoined the gym!
Couldn't put if off anymore seem to gain more weight after the baby. Love to lose 2stones achieved it before so hopefully I can stay focussed enough to do it again! This reminds me when I joined weightwatchers online but I had to pay whilst this is free:smile:
Good luck to you all and hope you reach your goal soon!

Replies

• KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also fairly new here, have also done Weight Watchers Online in the past, and am also trying to lose my pregnancy weight! Good luck to you!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I've lost most of my baby weight (from last baby) but am trying to maintain and build muscle, hoping to lose 10 more to get to before any pregnancy weight. Good luck!
  • McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi I'm also new here and I'm also trying to lose baby weight.
  • sophiabethsmom
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a buddy, and good luck with your new little one and your weight loss goals! I started on this site about a week ago, and I'm trying to lose baby weight too. This site is awesome. Tracking calories in and calories out is really the best and most lasting way to lose weight, I think. I'm coming up on my postpartum checkup next week, which will be nice because I'm hoping to get the OK to go ahead and do more than just walking for exercise.

I gained a whopping 40 pounds, dropped 20 right after delivery, and now want to lose 30 more to make it to ten pounds less than I weighed when I got pregnant. I've lost 4ish pounds in the last week from just breastfeeding, walking, and eating pretty well as much as I want provided that it's healthy—lots of produce, nuts, cereal, and skim milk.
  • terrimerry
    Options
    Hi Annie.....focusing on anything other than the baby is very hard....new babies (kids in general) are all-consuming. That being said, actually writing down (on this site) EVERYTHING you put in your mouth is the best way to weight loss. Also, stop looking at your extra weight as "baby" weight.....it has nothing to do with the baby. We all tend to overeat when pregnant and also afterwards when you're stressed with the new baby. If you gained much more than 20 pounds (9 kg) while pregnant, you added unnecessary fat to your body. I gained 23 pounds (10 kg) with my son and was down to pre-pregnancy weight within 2 weeks after giving birth. Stop blaming the poor baby and start writing down everything you eat.....you'll soon have your intake under control and the pounds will start to come off. Try to get in some exercise (walk outside for an hour each day with baby strapped to your body). Good luck!
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm working on losing a couple more pounds from my most recent pregnancy. I know how tough it is finding time to get in a workout! My little one is four months old now. Feel free to add if you'd like!
  • hjfischer
    Options
    Hi Annie.....focusing on anything other than the baby is very hard....new babies (kids in general) are all-consuming. That being said, actually writing down (on this site) EVERYTHING you put in your mouth is the best way to weight loss. Also, stop looking at your extra weight as "baby" weight.....it has nothing to do with the baby. We all tend to overeat when pregnant and also afterwards when you're stressed with the new baby. If you gained much more than 20 pounds (9 kg) while pregnant, you added unnecessary fat to your body. I gained 23 pounds (10 kg) with my son and was down to pre-pregnancy weight within 2 weeks after giving birth. Stop blaming the poor baby and start writing down everything you eat.....you'll soon have your intake under control and the pounds will start to come off. Try to get in some exercise (walk outside for an hour each day with baby strapped to your body). Good luck!

I disagree with you. Almost every woman should gain at least 25 lbs to have a healthy baby and posts like this make me mad. I gained 55 lbs, 31 lbs, 49 lbs and 52 lbs for each of my pregnancies. That is what my body did. I ate great, ran 5 days a week until my 8th month, etc. etc. With the exception of my second with whom I threw up the first 6 months, I tried not to gain a lot of weight. Sometimes our bodies just gain weight. The fact that you were down to your prepregnancy weight in 2 weeks says nothing. Some women can do that and the rest of us have to put effort into losing our baby weight. I am proud of having great pregnancies and being healthy. I am also proud of my efforts at losing the baby weight. I don't believe she was 'blaming' her baby for the weight gain either.

Annie, I think having a baby is a magical event. Losing the baby weight will take time and energy, but then so did having your baby. One day at a time. I hope your journey is not too difficult. I found that the last 10 lbs are the hardest!
  • Annie2003
    Annie2003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the motivation! Managed to drag myself to the gym I"d been putting it off for a while and like they say the first step is the hardest after todays session it has to get easier :happy: so good luck to you and hope you get to goal soon!
  • kjpollard
    kjpollard Posts: 68
    Options
    hjfischer, I agree! we beat ourselves up too much! I am a year out of delivery, and I stopped BFing 4 months ago. I am trying to lose weight from 5 pregnancies over 8 years (the first was twins, then a single, then 2 miscarriages, then a single).

Annie, remember, it took about a year to get your body in this shape, be patient about getting it back. Enjoy your baby!! If you are BFing, you need to be very careful about dropping too low on your calories and certain exercises can be painful.

You can do this!!!

feel free to friend me!
  • terrimerry
    Options
    i disagree with you. The weight of baby and the weight of products of conception (including necessary fat) should only equal about 20 to 27 pounds (for a single fetus). Anything you gain over that is extra fat that you will struggle to get off afterwards. Although doctors won't tell you this, they don't want you to gain double or triple that amount of weight. It adds stress and risk to you and the baby which could result in an undesirable outcome. Pregnancy, delivery, c-section are highly risky times made even more so by so much extra weight gain. Happily for you, you and babies did well.
  • hjfischer
    Options
    i disagree with you. The weight of baby and the weight of products of conception (including necessary fat) should only equal about 20 to 27 pounds (for a single fetus). Anything you gain over that is extra fat that you will struggle to get off afterwards. Although doctors won't tell you this, they don't want you to gain double or triple that amount of weight. It adds stress and risk to you and the baby which could result in an undesirable outcome. Pregnancy, delivery, c-section are highly risky times made even more so by so much extra weight gain. Happily for you, you and babies did well.

I had 4 c-sections, my doctor didn't want me to gain too much weight due to the surgery. BUT in the end, your body does what it knows. I gained weight during my VERY HEALTHY pregnancies. I am a healthy person, inside and out. I belive it is up to each individual person to be as healthy as they can during a pregnancy and work with their OB. But I felt you were rude to Annie and putting her down. We are here to support each other. By saying that, I hope Annie losses all the weight she gained during her pregnancy, even if it takes a year. She has a baby and that baby needs her, more than it needs her to be a thinner person. Also, Terrimerry, you changed what you said from your first post. You said there is not reason to gain more than 20 lbs, here you said 20-27 lbs. Most OB's say between 25-35 depending on your start weight.
  • jenireed
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I've lost the baby weight from my last - who is almost a year old. I've still got the weight I gained with my 2 year old to lose. I'm also looking for friends so please feel free to add me moms!
  • chilirice
    Options
    Hey there! Good luck! I just stopped Weight Watchers..lost 17 pounds..but still have quite a bit of baby weight to get rid of myself! Total of 45lb since 2nd c-section 1 year ago (GIANT babies. :)) Just stay motivated even if the scale doesnt move much now and then because it will happen!
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your little miracle!
    I have a little girl that'll be 6 months tomorrow! I BF until she was 4 months and I was diagnosed with PPD. I gained about 35 lbs during my pregnancy and had a c-section. Both I and the baby are just fine BTW. I have since been able to get down to my pre-prego weight with the help of MFP support. Part of my PPD was comfort eating so even though I was eating healthy-ish I was eating A LOT. Once I accepted help, I was able to lose 19 lbs in 7 weeks by recording everything that goes in my mouth and am on my way to lose a LOT more. Friend me if you'd like.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I started my weight loss in January and have lost all my baby weight plus 10 pounds.

terrimerry- I think you were also rude. I was VERY healthy my pregnancy! I ate really well and walked everyday. I tried to jog but had to give that up since I felt like the baby was going to fall out. I gained 35- 40 pounds with my pregnancy and had a small baby 6lbs. Everyone is different. I didnt even gain any weight the last month.

Annie- Make sure you eat lots of protein and less carbs. Should change your it to 30%carbs/30% fat/40% protein. this really helped me out with losing the last few pounds and building more muscle. And dont feel bad that you are just getting motivated. I remember trying to workout right away but it was so hard with the up every 3 hours for feedings. I waited until my son was 9 months old and was sleeping threw the night to start workouts again. Sleep is soooo important for weight loss.
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommy's ~ I'm new to the board but not MFP. I lost 55lbs with the help of MFP in the past but have just had baby #2 and am wanting to start watching what I eat again (quantity mostly). I have a friend getting married in February and I'd love to have lost all the baby weight by then; I was able to do it in 6 months with my first so I'm hopeful! I have about 25lbs to loose to get to my pre-preggo weight and then we'll go from there...