7 minute fit

Do these 7 minute excersize routines really work? Eg Davina 7 minute fit dvd

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    They work for 7 minutes, but they're not the same as 60. ;) Any workout depends on the effort you are able to put into it. There is no magic.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    depends on what you mean by "work". Every bit of exercise aides you in that calorie deficit we were talking about in the other thread you posted.

you would need to calculate the approximate amount of calorie burn you achieved in that workout and add it as exercise in MFP. The MFP app will keep track and add it into your overall calorie picture.

I suspect that calorie burn is pretty small in only 7 minutes. Many of these things that offer exceptional results for minimal effort are pretty much crap.

That said...any activity helps you! even if its just a nice 30 minute walk in the sunshine and fresh air.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited October 2016
    I read some reviews on amazon just now and the first reviewer combines a few of the workouts. Then another gets knackered at 7mins. So I reckon if you can do more than 7mins do that. If you can't start with 7mins and add more as you get fitter.

• Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    7 minutes is a good start. Go from there. :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Ooh, I love 10 min workouts if I decide to work out at home.

I can squeeze one in if I am busy, or do a number of them throughout the day, or chain them together to make up a 20-60 min work out.
    I find a set of small ones less boring than one long workout.

As @Therealobi1 said start with one 7 min routine and build on that.

Cheers, h.
  • FaithHinesley
    FaithHinesley Posts: 1 Member
    I work long hours and have a 4yr old, so it isn't easy getting the exercise needed outside of walks and swim time in the summer. I love the 7 Minute Workout! It jumpstarts me and helps give a quick burst of activity when I don't think I have the time for a workout. Combined with 10k steps a day, I feel like it's a great start!