Binge free and want to stay there!

Options
I'm four pounds away from my goal weight and I don't ever want to put back the almost 50 pounds I've recently lost this year. My massive food binges were destroying my life. The pain,guilt, depression, mood swings, not to mention the weight gain, we're making my life unbearable. Looking for friends who have experienced the same thing and want to stay binge free and live a health lifestyle for ever. I'm 45 years old and am new to this community and this is my first post ever!

Replies

• Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Added you
  • Kermiya
    Kermiya Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I have struggled with binging since I was 13 and continue to struggle now
  • KimberlyNowack
    KimberlyNowack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Want to add you. New to this app. Looking at how to do it
  • mojomamahipzinall
    mojomamahipzinall Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater, and struggling to end the battle with it, but taking each day as it comes.
    Congrats on your success so far, you have got this!
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge eater also. I'll add you. Anyone else feel free to add me too :)
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How did you overcome it?
  • Xx_Christie_xX
    Xx_Christie_xX Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! I struggle too! I have currently upped my calories to help stay in control - so far it’s working but every day is a challenge!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm four pounds away from my goal weight and I don't ever want to put back the almost 50 pounds I've recently lost this year. My massive food binges were destroying my life. The pain,guilt, depression, mood swings, not to mention the weight gain, we're making my life unbearable. Looking for friends who have experienced the same thing and want to stay binge free and live a health lifestyle for ever. I'm 45 years old and am new to this community and this is my first post ever!
    Awesome job! I'm proud for you!!
  • KimberlyNowack
    Options
    Thank you all for your positive feedback . I'm still getting organized on this site ! It's really great because we all are in this together to help each other . This is way cool !
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How awesome so close to your goal! Can definitely relate to that binge eating which happens mostly at night...i am just getting started on controlling my intake and logging of food!
  • slor42
    slor42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with NurseKristi81 who asked you how u did it? I can definitely be a binge eater too and I hate myself afterwards but I struggle with never feeling full when eating healthy. I hate cooking anything so cooking healthy is a struggle.
  • KimberlyNowack
    Options
    I hit my absolute bottom . My Binge Eating Disorder got so bad that every moment was an struggle . All I wanted to do was hide from people and I couldn't do that because I have to go to work to support myself ! When I was stuffed w/ food to the point of physical and mental pain it felt like I was in a food hell . When I'm in a binge mode I'm no help to anyone . If I'm not taking care of myself I can't take care of anyone else . I remember someone telling me it's self-care, not being selfish . I'm so happy that we can all share ideas and help each other . I'm very grateful right now .
  • Random1634
    Random1634 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Still slip occasionally. Always good to have support.
  • girlonthego06
    girlonthego06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I never thought I had an issue with binge eating until recently. Today I was able to stop before a binge took complete control. It's very empowering. Keep up the good work:)
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    slor42 wrote: »
    I agree with NurseKristi81 who asked you how u did it? I can definitely be a binge eater too and I hate myself afterwards but I struggle with never feeling full when eating healthy. I hate cooking anything so cooking healthy is a struggle.

@slor42 - I used to have this problem with “never feeling full” until I realized I needed to tweak my macros. Now I focus on more healthy fats and fiber in my diet because that works for me - others find that increasing protein helps with satiety. I recommend trying to see if adjusting what you eat helps with feeling more full.

I also found that 5 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, late night snack) works best for me. If I don’t give myself calories for a late night snack, I find that I want to binge due to that not feeling full sensation.

Good luck on your journey.