First 5k - Goal Met!

Options
OfficialPR
OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
Last week I completed my first 5k run in 33minutes which is my current age. I'm happy with my result and have already begun searching to sign up for my 2nd within the next 2 months. Appreciate all of you also being on the path to a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!! Way to go!!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sweet!! Congrats!! How long did you train??
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    Well done you! I can't wait to get to that point!
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!

I started c25k last Saturday! I hope to join the ranks of 5k RUNNERS in 8 weeks time! 33 minutes - that's pretty awesome! Great Job!
  • twinboyz4me
    Options
    fantastic! i did my first 5k in May and completed in 35:41 - I'm a few years older ;) Hope to improve on that as I do more training!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Way to go!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Last week I completed my first 5k run in 33minutes which is my current age. I'm happy with my result and have already begun searching to sign up for my 2nd within the next 2 months. Appreciate all of you also being on the path to a healthy lifestyle.
    That's awesome! I ran my first one in June and finished with a time of 44:45. However, I'm definately not addicted to them. Haha, the whole time I was like, wtf, people do this for fun?!
    Good job though! :)
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    Well done you! I can't wait to get to that point!

You can DO IT! Start with a walk a few days a week to build up endurance. If you want, you can walk the 5k to begin with and eventually add some running.
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    Sweet!! Congrats!! How long did you train??

Thanks! Trained for 3 weeks.
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    You are my hero!

I started c25k last Saturday! I hope to join the ranks of 5k RUNNERS in 8 weeks time! 33 minutes - that's pretty awesome! Great Job!

Thanks so much! Keep up the great work. What type of schedule do you have for the c25k?
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Way to go!

Appreciate the support!
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    fantastic! i did my first 5k in May and completed in 35:41 - I'm a few years older ;) Hope to improve on that as I do more training!

That's awesome! Keep up the consistency with it and you'll shed off a few minutes next time around.
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    That's awesome! I ran my first one in June and finished with a time of 44:45. However, I'm definately not addicted to them. Haha, the whole time I was like, wtf, people do this for fun?!
    Good job though! :)

Haha! It's true some just LOVE it, whereas for myself it was more of a mental achievement as I NEVER pictured myself doing a race, knowing I would get smashed with the "runners". For myself it's great to challenge myself both mentally & physically so I've added these to my exercise routine. Appreciate the support
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    Just received a photo from the race, I'm on the far left...

27934219951458676975410.jpg
  • twinboyz4me
    Options
    my goal is to be as good as my son, who literally just woke up that morning and ran it in 25:00 (no training, nothing). it'll take me YEARS to get to that point! LOL
  • OfficialPR
    Options
    Set the goal and went at it 100%, we can all do so and then just go from there...appreciate everyone's support.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!