Tilapia!

Options
tashacan
tashacan Posts: 121
My husband loves Tilapia and I have really been craving it. So... I need some good ideas on how to make it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe. We make it about once a week.
    I use ranch dressing instead of mayo and leave out the lemon (b/c I hate lemon with seafood. call me weird)
    I broil each side about 4 mins, then after the mixture is spread on, just one more minute under the broiler.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    I love this recipe. We make it about once a week.
    I use ranch dressing instead of mayo and leave out the lemon (b/c I hate lemon with seafood. call me weird)
    I broil each side about 4 mins, then after the mixture is spread on, just one more minute under the broiler.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx
    Thank you so much!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    We use 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' spray and spray the filets on both sides ... then season with some Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend (which, of course, you could change to whatever you prefer) and then simply individually wrap the filets in foil and grill them on the grill for about 10-15 minutes. Tilapia's generally a very mild flavored fish, so it's really hard to mess it up. :smile:
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I usually just bake it. I spray with olive oil (the healthy oil) and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and mrs dash extra spicy.Then I like to put Newmans Own Mango salsa on it. I do the same for Salmon. Then usually eat Brown rice with it!
  • helppolarbear
    helppolarbear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cook in light butter in a casserole dish along with new potatoes and onion and three pepper blend and you favorite spices. Bake on 350. You can also add carrots if you like.
  • oliviaforever
    oliviaforever Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ah my favourite fish! My mom usually grills it or fries it on the stove. Occasionally she puts it overtop the fire pit. :) I don't do anything fancy with it. haha.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I slice a lemon and lay it on foil, put tilapia on top, and then another few slices on top and another tilapia and then close up the foil and bake it. No oil, lots of flavor. Also, I season it with lemon pepper. It is so good. My roommate has often walked into the kitchen to find me standing over the stove eating it straight from the foil cooking pack. No dishes! And it's just that good.