Sports Bra Recommendations

Options
chaniluv
chaniluv Posts: 60 Member
edited October 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Ladies, I need help. I've been using a couple cheap $10 sports bras because my workouts were just light cardio and strength training. Last week I started running and... well, started is a good word for it. I didn't make it very far because the bras I have are not fitted or made for high impact activities. The short of it is that I'm looking for high-impact sports bra recommendations! They need to come in size 38D and the more affordable the better. Brownie points if I can buy them on Amazon.

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I really like the Berlei electrify underwire crop.
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I got my favorite one from VS, I’m large chested also and need a lot of support and it provides it. It was on sale for $20 bucks
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and love Shock Absorber Women's Ultimate Run Sports Bra. Yes they are pricey, but you can buy from Amazon.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I just tried SheFit and am impressed so far.
  • gemstoneisland
    gemstoneisland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Shock Absorber sports bras.
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret knockout bras are my go-to. Plus, they open up in the front so no more fighting to take off a sweaty sports bra.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    The go-to bra at my fitness center is this one from VS: https://www.victoriassecret.com/victorias-secret-sport/front-close-sport-bras/knockout-by-victoria-sport-front-close-sport-bra-victoria-sport?ProductID=344709&CatalogueType=OLS I am too busty for it but the women who wear it love that it is kind of a 2-in-1 bra (underwire bra attached to a stretchy sports bra)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough good things about the VS max support line, particularly the zip front ones with two layer. Go try one on and jump up and down in the dressing room :smiley:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have an Enell. It's really ugly, but I use it for rebounding - nothing moves.

Moving Comfort also gets good reviews.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of different VS sports bras that I like. I actually just ordered their newest sports bra, and I found it was really great for minimizing bounce. I also have an Under Armour sports bra that I like ok. Most stores will say which bras are for high impact, medium impact, etc. Some of the VS sports bras that are low impact are cute, but I wouldn't dare do a jumping jack in them lol
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Juno and Maia; New balance "Shockingly Unshocking"; and CW-X Stabil-X worked great when I had D/DD boobs.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of different VS sports bras that I like. I actually just ordered their newest sports bra, and I found it was really great for minimizing bounce. I also have an Under Armour sports bra that I like ok. Most stores will say which bras are for high impact, medium impact, etc. Some of the VS sports bras that are low impact are cute, but I wouldn't dare do a jumping jack in them lol

Don't trust what the label says.....try a bra on if you can, and jump up and down in the dressing room. I tried on some very flimsy "high impact" bras on at Kohl's.
  • chaniluv
    chaniluv Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You gals are amazing! The MFP community never fails to pull through for me. I decided on a VS Knockout bra. Unfortunately I wasn't able to try it on in a store as I'm 50+ miles from the nearest one, but it has an option for a free return so I'll take it for a test drive. Between thermals, gloves, shoes, and bras, I've spent $200 today. I guess it's time to get serious about running. Thanks ladies!
  • P0PTART
    P0PTART Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love the ones from Target. I'm a 38D but buy for C so that I don't flop at all. now i wear them all the time.