Military Diet

lburks89
lburks89 Posts: 6 Member
Tomorrow will be my first day of the military diet. Im super eager to see if this plan will work for me. Has any of you done it? Any feedback?

Replies

• kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    I've done this in the past. I did it for 3 weeks in a row and lost about 8 pounds. I always made sure that I was eating at least 1200 calories and spaces my meals out so that I wouldn't be done eating for the day too early. It wasn't too hard to stick to at all!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Why are you doing the military diet? Simple calories in < calories out will get you a LONG way.
  • veezybell
    veezybell Posts: 104 Member
    I was in the military and I don't have any clue what that is. Can someone enlighten me?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    veezybell wrote: »
    I was in the military and I don't have any clue what that is. Can someone enlighten me?

its a VLCD diet made up of hot dogs, ice cream and eggs.... it has nothing to do with the actual military and is ridiculous fad diet that doesn't seem to want to die.
  • veezybell
    veezybell Posts: 104 Member

its a VLCD diet made up of hot dogs, ice cream and eggs.... it has nothing to do with the actual military and is ridiculous fad diet that doesn't seem to want to die.

Cool, thank you. Sounds weird.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    kleonard42 wrote: »
    I've done this in the past. I did it for 3 weeks in a row and lost about 8 pounds. I always made sure that I was eating at least 1200 calories and spaces my meals out so that I wouldn't be done eating for the day too early. It wasn't too hard to stick to at all!

So what part of your results do you attribute to the military diet, vs the same results eating 1200 cals of any foods you like, focusing on primarily nutrient dense foods that provide satiety and enjoyment... rather than an arbitrary mix of not very appealing foods that make up the Military Diet?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member

C'mon...you don't remember?

o.jpg
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

C'mon...you don't remember?

o.jpg

Gross! That would make me lose weight!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,143 Member
    edited October 2017
    Silly fad diet. I think it was invented as a joke. You lose weight because you eat less. The fact that you're eating a whacky combo of foods has nothing to do with anything
  • This content has been removed.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    Cmon @Alatariel75, don't you know where ice cream comes from?? Unicorns poop! it doesn't get any more magical then that!! I mean the egg and stuff and whatever doesn't cause weight loss, but the ice cream.. its the new miracle weight loss food!!

zatxvstsdekx.jpg

If this guy delivers, I'm in!
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    @WinoGelato: I have done many fad diets in the past. Some I did when I was young due to lack of knowledge, some I have done for research reasons. When I did this particular diet, though, I modified it to be eating high nutrient dense foods (substituting ice cream for low fat yogurt, eating 97% fat free Hebrew national hot dogs, adding veggies or lean meat as needed to make sure I ate enough, etc.). The foods were good to me lol. Mixing cottage cheese, a hard boiled egg and whole wheat saltine crackers is something I do often for a snack. I never eat unsatisfying foods...if I don't like it, I don't eat it. I find that dabbling in fad diets is an important part of my job for research reasons (unless it would be harmful in some way [like the 500 calorie diet]) as it gives me an extended education on what it does/does not do.
  • busiedafox
    busiedafox Posts: 4 Member
    @lburks89 how are you getting on with the diet? I am currently on it and have been doing it since 9 October. I agree with a few people on here that it is just a low calorie diet and if you eat anything (as long as it is low calories intake than you burn) you will loose the weight. I do it as it is easy and no much cooking required. So far I have lost 8 pounds.