Something's up with my body

Options
Lately, I've been feeling a little dizzy and light headed, especially when I first sit up. And I'm tired a lot. I can't tell what's wrong. I've been trying to eat less because the scale wasn't really moving and I've had less time lately to exercise, but this worried me and I have been trying to make sure I eat till I'm full but it hasn't seemed to help. It may be I'm not hydrated, but I really don't think it is.... Any theories?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would call your doctor. Maybe even a phone call to one of the nurses can help.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming each day? It sounds like you're either not eating enough which can cause dizziness and lower your blood sugar which also causes dizziness. Just in case, I'd check with your doctor and definitely make sure you're drinking enough water!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yep think its time for a visit to the doctor especially about the first part about being dizzy and lightheaded when you first get up
  • jstrohs1
    jstrohs1 Posts: 66
    Options
    I would get some blood work done after seeing a doctor......could be a lack of something the body needs!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sounds like low blood pressure.....when mine drops I can get dizzy and light-headed as well. But I'd give the doc a call and make sure.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It could be that you are now not eating enough. As far as the getting dizzy when you sit up, the same thing happens to me. I believe (for me) it is because my blood pressure and heart rate are now much lower, so when I sit up all the blood leaves my brain, making me dizzy and blurry eyed.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    1- Increase your iron (I am iron deficient and what you described happens to me a LOT)
    2- Eat more
    3- Drink more water
    4- Get more natural sugars (fruit)
  • lovesschild
    Options
    This sounds like Orthostatic hypotension, you should check with your doctor!!
  • jolteon00
    Options
    Sounds like low blood pressure to me too. It happened to me when I started eating healthier, my blood pressure just dropped. I got used to it after a while and the symptoms faded, but I know it can be bothersome... I don't know if you track sodium, but you may want to add some salted pretzels to your day and see how that affects you.
  • friendofabby27
    Options
    I think I have mentioned this before but I have that too. I was diagnosed with Neurally Mediated Hypotension which means when I stand up or make sudden movements the blood doesn't flow fast enough to my brain which causes the dizzy or blacking out feeling. They figured it out by finally doing a tilt table test after testing a bunch of other things. Make sure you are staying hydrated and definitely visit your doctor.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I would go with low iron... that almost always has to do with sleepyness... check out the docs... might be good to start taking those one a day pills. to boost your system.,
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    This could be a lot of things, all of which you should see a MD about.

#1- Under eating could cause this because it causes drops in carbs and engergy
    #2- Could be a blood pressure problem which could be caused by a heart issue.
    #3- Could be caused by anemia, which could be caused by low iron levels and under eating over long periods of time. Could also be caused by a lot of different things.
    #4- Could be an inner ear problem such as an infection.
  • JFamilo
    JFamilo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with the orthostatic hypotension. If you get up (sometimes too quickly) you may get dizzy, light headed, nauseaus, and I've been known to have my vision kind of black out (but I don't actually pass out- it fades in 10 seconds or so). I had this problem when I was younger and was actually told to eat more salt to keep my blood pressure/blood volume up.

Go to a doctor!
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I agree with the orthostatic hypotension. If you get up (sometimes too quickly) you may get dizzy, light headed, nauseaus, and I've been known to have my vision kind of black out (but I don't actually pass out- it fades in 10 seconds or so). I had this problem when I was younger and was actually told to eat more salt to keep my blood pressure/blood volume up.

Go to a doctor!

Yup pretty much. The only addendum I'd give is that it can sometimes be causes by dehydration.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    any chance you could be expecting? your OP was exactly how I felt with my first pg. Even if there is no chance that this is the reason I would call your dr to get checked out
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    Read something that relates, really good blog: allfit-happy.blogspot.com. Take care!
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    The iron makes sense or maybe the low BP. I usually eat light during most of the day then have a "real meal" with my family at dinner and it tends to go away during the evenings.

I also recently started watching my sodium, but maybe I'm watching it too much. I've craved salty things, like chips and so on but have been trying to stay away from them.

It's so weird because a month or so ago and had an absurd amount of energy, couldn't keep still, then this. I've been more.. frantic about losing weight lately, I worry I'm getting carried away and maybe, as a result I'm not giving my body enough of what it needs. I've lost 2 pounds in 2 days, which I've never done before. It doesn't seem normal

I'll try adding more iron and a little more salt. If that doesn't work I'll definitely visit my doctor.

And I need to start tracking my water again. I used to drink TONS of water so I didn't bother marking it but I've been getting bus and may not be drinking as much now as I was before. And it's also getting hotter. Doesn't help.

And I am DEFINITELY not pregnant, so we can check that one off ha :)