50 years old and cancer survivor

Options
any one out there. I am a 50 year old and a cancer survivor 2017. Need to lose 65 lbs.

Replies

• fatguylink
    fatguylink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fellow survivor here (colorectal cancer 2007). I was a lifelong weightlifter 220lbs at 5'10 and pretty lean when I got ill. Dropped to 190lbs during chemo/radiation and operation then ballooned up to 254lbs after treatment. Now trying to get the weight back under control, down to 235 with about 20lbs to go for the new goal.
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 45 yrs old, married & a mom of a 19 year old. I've lost 25 pounds but still have 40 more to lose. I'd love to encourage you thru your weight loss journey. Friend request sent.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • anitarankin5904
    anitarankin5904 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Age 60 cancer survivor. Opted out of radiation. Wanting to lose 70 lbs. Already lost 5.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to welcome you as I am also a cancer survivor (Lymphoma, 2007). I was really thin before and during treatment, but ballooned up in the years after. I have about 60 left to lose.
    Please be well and healthy, and you really can do this for yourself.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    40 yo Renal Cell Carcinoma survivor here. Looking to add friends to help with motivation. Feel free to add me!
  • Jen50Fit
    Jen50Fit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 50 and have survived breast cancer 2 times. So happy to have found this app
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Another post-cancer thriver here! Anyone can add me for support and encouragement!

I gained quite a bit of weight during and after treatment but I'm a testament to the fact that you can reverse that trend! (even if it takes awhile)
  • John5801
    John5801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    55 here. feel free to add me as well. It's all about encouragement.
  • aimlynn1
    aimlynn1 Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    I am a breast cancer survivor and am finding my body does not seem to want to lose weight. Has anyone else experienced the same?
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi All diagnosed Colon cancer April 2018, surgery in May, Waiting to see if. Hemp would've beneficial. I hope you are all doing well.