Best online workouts

Options
Hi all,

I'm about 8-10 lbs (4-5 kgs) overweight & I've been trying hard to lose weight in the last 2 months. My weight loss has been slow (about 3 kgs down in the last 2.5 months, so I would really appreciate your help with this. I do a lot of online workouts (popsugar, Blogilates, jillian Michaels). Are there any other free ones that you enjoy or recommend?

I also swim 1-2 times a week and hoping that helps because right now the weight loss is being super stubborn & sometimes demotivating.
Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks so much!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    How is your logging accuracy? Weight loss comes down to calories, so if you're weighing all solids, measuring all liquids and using accurate database entries to reach your calorie goal you should be losing
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender workouts on YouTube. Like the beauty above me said, weight loss is really about being in a caloric deficit. Since you are only 10lbs overweight you probably should expect it to be slow.
  • nw623
    nw623 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in here what has already been said. Yes to what the two previous posts said about the caloric deficit. The calories burned tend to be higher than what you actually burn. For example, as somebody who has done Popsugar Fitness videos, not everyone burns 500 calories in a 45 minute workout. Better to err on the safe side and have an extra calorie deficit on MFP. I usually aim for 150-250 calories.

Also, Fitness Blender workouts are my go to workouts on YouTube as well.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    First, make sure you're logging your food and eating less than you burn. In addition to those you've mentioned, fitnessblender.com has some excellent videos in a variety of workouts and time frames and fitness levels. I also like yogawithadriene.com and doyougawithme.com for yoga videos. BeFit on YouTube has some decent stuff, too.
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender, POPSUGAR, HASfit, Billy Blanks, Body Fit by Amy, Jenny Ford, bodybuilding.com are just some of my go to YouTube video subscriptions. It all depends on what I'm "feeling" on the day of ... but over the last 3 months I've watched fewer videos. I've fallen in love with kettlebells, so I use those as well as dumbbells to incorporate strength training anywhere from 3-6 days a week. For cardio I do either very brisk walks or walk/run intervals 5-6 days a week. Find something that you love to keep you motivated if you want to exercise for health.

I echo what others have stated... keep to a caloric deficit and take the extra few seconds to measure everything.... tighten up on your logging. It's the caloric deficit that will promote weight loss not the exercise. Exercise cals are a bonus but one should probably only eat 50% of them back as there are too many burn inaccuracies. You don't have a lot to lose so trust in the process and expect a slower rate of loss.

Best of luck!
  • vanilakitten
    vanilakitten Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I've been bad at logging in but I've been 'mentally' tracking this - although I know this isn't accurate at all! Starting my logs from today itself - thanks again!!
  • Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love videos on YouTube from the channel called befit they have great videos.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I just want to add that based on how much you have to lose 3kg in 2.5 months is a very realistic pace. You're doing great!
  • vanilakitten
    vanilakitten Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just want to add that based on how much you have to lose 3kg in 2.5 months is a very realistic pace. You're doing great!

Thanks so much :) That's encouraging to hear!