Stress

Options
So due to stress my fat is just wanting to hold on tight and not leave my body. There was a time when stress would just help the fat melt away. Now it wants to just hang around and build more buddies. I have had blood work done to see if it has anything to do with my thyroid and everything checks out fine. I feel so lost! Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Silvershadow13
    Silvershadow13 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Stress is a hard nut to crack. It's not easy (for me anyway) to just take 10 breaths and have it go away. As we get older cortisol from stress sends that fat right to our bellies...and it's hard to lose! Find something that you truly enjoy..crocheting, reading, walking in the woods..and make (don't FIND) time to do it. Schedule it if you have to. Even just focusing on a pet and petting them for ten minutes can help. But whatever you choose, immerse yourself in it, even for just 15 minutes. This pleasurable activity will help your mind relax. There is actually medical proof now that walking in the woods actually changes your brain activity for the positive. The areas that were lit up prior to the walk (showing stress) were not lit up afterwards...other areas that indicate being mentally relaxed lit up. And the effect lasted for a while.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Get a dog and walk. Nothing better than long walks with a dog to clear and calm. Get a rescue dog who already knows the ropes...a puppy will just cause you more stress and there are plenty of beautiful dogs who need rescuing and showing some love. You can help each other :)
  • thick2fit2017
    thick2fit2017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    54qceib56v1r.jpeg

Well here are two of my three dogs. They do help relax me for sure. They are not much for walks but they are all about snuggle time.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Find a way to manage your stress other than eating. Meditation, yoga, tai chi, exercise, breathing exercises, whatever works. Remove yourself from the stressful situation if possible. Try different things until you find what works for you.
  • thick2fit2017
    thick2fit2017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wish I could remove myself but it just isn’t that easy. Most of my family lives in the nw burbs of Chicago and are having health issues and I hate not being able to be there seeing that I love in Colorado. Then I deal with my step daughters mother and she is just a pill and if is causing behavioral issues with my girls. I am going to be doing some yoga this afternoon however :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    While you can't completely eliminate stress, I'd suggest rationalizing and remembering that while of course you worry about your family and their health problems, realistically there's nothing you can do right now to change it or make it better. Stay in contact with them and offer a listening ear, or whatever it is you do now, but take the burden of it off of yourself.

Blended families are tough. I know, I had one myself. But, kids grow up and eventually the step-parent / parent issues settle down. Hang in there and remember that you can only control so much. The rest you have to let go.
  • LearningToFly13
    Options
    54qceib56v1r.jpeg

Well here are two of my three dogs. They do help relax me for sure. They are not much for walks but they are all about snuggle time.

Oh they have the cutest little faxes. I just wanna kiss 'em!
  • LearningToFly13
    Options
    Faces*
  • nw623
    nw623 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cute dogs! Find something that helps you relax. Try to set aside 5 minutes a day and allow yourself that time. Yoga is also a great way to relieve stress too. Hope you get to relax a little!