Cellulite and stretchmarks

Options
Hi I'm very worried about my skin, I'm only 21 and I feel like my body looks horible I have stretch marks on my tummy, sides, slightly under my arms I have cellulite on my upper legs hints of it on my lower arms tummy I am 13.4 stone and 5 foot 5 I'm worried. My skin will never look nice again any tips for weight loss and ways to prevent this getting worse? my mum growing up would cover me in baby oil and cream every day untill I was about 13 where I would start washing it off and refuing to wear it, I had dry skin for a while after then when I gained weight and grow my skin hasn't coped well it seems everywhere is loose or tight and maked in someway, I sometimes feel achs on the skin on tummy when I've had skinny jeans on and when I look it's a darker stretch mark appearing I want to figure out how to be compatible in my own body. Any tips welcome.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Luckily you are young and that can help a lot. Stretch marks can fade over time after you lose the weight. Cellulite is kind of a crap shoot in my experience. Some people seem to lose it easily while others seem not able to ever get rid of it altogether. Working on fitness as you lose will help a lot.

Best of luck!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Even skinny people have cellulite it's genetics
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Bio oil may help with the stretch marks, some people swear by it, but they will fade anyway
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks aren't going to go away they can fade quite a bit though, for me exfoliating helped a lot and moisturizing, I exfoliate every day with a sugar scrub I made, but not everyone can or should exfoliate every day, every other day is probably better depends on what your skin can handle. But moisturize every day for sure as soon as you get out of the shower while your skin is still wet makes all the difference, but don't expect overnight results with anything it's going to take time and consistency.

I know exactly how you feel so I hope everything works out
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm very worried about my skin, I'm only 21 and I feel like my body looks horible I have stretch marks on my tummy, sides, slightly under my arms I have cellulite on my upper legs hints of it on my lower arms tummy I am 13.4 stone and 5 foot 5 I'm worried. My skin will never look nice again any tips for weight loss and ways to prevent this getting worse? my mum growing up would cover me in baby oil and cream every day untill I was about 13 where I would start washing it off and refuing to wear it, I had dry skin for a while after then when I gained weight and grow my skin hasn't coped well it seems everywhere is loose or tight and maked in someway, I sometimes feel achs on the skin on tummy when I've had skinny jeans on and when I look it's a darker stretch mark appearing I want to figure out how to be compatible in my own body. Any tips welcome.

I watched a video today on YouTube for a cellulite cup which is complete bs but it says over 90% of women have cellulite. I have cellulite do I think it's disgusting? Yeah but I live with it. No diet or exercise will get rid of it for me but good luck on your endeavors!!