P90X Journey!

Options
I am starting P90X on Monday!! If anyone else would like to join this journey with me please add me! hbromley1!! Does anyone have any input or advice?

Replies

• Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    As Tony says... BRING IT!

OH and learn to enjoy the aching muscles. They are gonna be around for awhile ;)

Good luck!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Do it! It's an awesome program... I got two months into last summer... I love cardio X and kempo X.. and I HATE plyometrics... I think thats the second DVD.. holy cow that one left a bad taste in my mouth. Man that one makes you move...

Enjoy it.. its a great program.
  • jasminebri
    Options
    i started p90x last week!!!! i love it so far!...it IS hard...and you feel like you want to quit, but you will always be reminded: "do your best and forget the rest!"....i will add you and we can keep track of eachother's journey on here!!! i think that would be cool, because any motivation is great!!! it takes alot of will power, but anything worth doing is worth working hard at!!! good luck to you!!!!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You will be sore so be ready for that! Try to get your nutrition in check, and make sure to take before pictures and measurments!!

"Do you best and forget the rest"

Cindy
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of my 2nd round. My first round was doubles.
    And like Redfie1d said, learn to enjoy the aching muscles, I'm sore every single day and I love it.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    im starting p90x again started today actually this morning!
  • Pulse1
    Pulse1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Having completed P90X 1.5 times (hernia derailed the second time through) I have a bit of advice no one gave me before I started:

Start planning for what you're going to do AFTER P90X now.

P90X is a lifestyle change. Between making the food, the workouts, recovery drinks, etc, almost all of your free time will be taken up with the program.

This is good, in the short term, because you end up completely focused on the program. You'll go to bed thinking about it, get up feeling it, be reminded of it every time you eat, etc.

But, the day after it ends, now what? It's not reasonable to think you'll live the rest of your life this way. You'll want to be able to go out again, you'll want to have time for vacations, etc.

So, my advice, start figuring out how you want to maintain after the program is over.

Other then that, good luck! It's hard but by no means impossible. :)
  • firefightinflip
    Options
    This is week 3 for me.....i love it but have to make it through an entire workout, except chest, shoulders and tris. Good Luck......it is tough but in the three weeks I've done it, I feel stronger and all around better!