Binge Eating Disorder

Options
I have a binge eating disorder, and I can’t seem to break it. It’s been hindering my weight loss and I can’t seem to maintain for long. Does anyone have any advice to stop my habit or possibly control it?

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    For my sugar is the biggest issue and when I started eating too much/processed foods..I go off the rails
    If I stick to a healthy low carb diet and reduce my sugar as much as possible I barely have cravings
    I cant do a little junk or processed foods/sugar...
    gl
  • goknitkrissie
    goknitkrissie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I deal with the same issues. Therapy or finding a person to talk with helped me a ton. Food is meant to nourish, but not solve anything. For me, I need to step back from those moments when i a searching for popcorn or chios and ask why am I eating? Am I hungry or avoiding a problem or a task? Why? That has helped me ve more mindful of my eating habits which wad more importantnti me than the weight losa itself.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Brain over Binge is a book that helped me get some of my disordered eating habits under control. I'd recommend that, and a therapist or a friend. If the problem isn't hunger, food won't fix it. Good luck, OP.
  • Random1634
    Random1634 Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm there myself. I usually end up going nuts when I go out of town or get extremely bored. I've found what helps me is limiting my sugar and staying away from the fake stuff altogether. Mixing up meal intervals and letting yourself actually get hungry seems to break the cycle for me also.

The biggest thing for me is always getting over that mental "I feel like I must eat" hill initially. I usually tell myself yes I will feel like I'm going nuts or just crappy for a day or two but then after that things will be so much better. If you need someone to talk to further drop me a message.
  • girlonthego06
    girlonthego06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tend to binge when I'm really tired...usually after a long work day. I go into this *kitten* it mindset and just let go of control. Now I am starting to recognize those emotions and channel them elsewhere. I journal and it helps put thoughts and emotions to paper. I also have to work at it everyday to keep myself in check. Try tracking all food on MFP, even if you binge. Seeing the numbers in black and white help me to stop
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Second reading Brain over Binge, it’s a good book but probably won’t be enough. Find out why you binge... is it triggered by sweets ? Are you eating to self-medicate? Are you restricting? National Eating Disorders Association website has some resources. Counseling may help too.
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Brain Over Binge helped me understand why and how to stop