Share fav recipe sites/blogs?

Options
Hi all. I'm curious if anyone could share some of their favorite sites/blogs for recipe ideas. I'm curious where everyone else is going. I've just been doing a google search with a specific ingredient in mind. But last couple recipes I've tried I haven't loved. Hoping to find better!

Thanks!

Replies

• ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Try Eating Well.com
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has some really good, easy recipes. There are lots of crock pot recipes so you can have a nice meal when you come home from work. The crock pot taco chili is great.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Pinterest!
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    americastestkitchen.com and smittenkitchen.com. Neither are "diet" sites, just really really good recipes.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just use the hell out of Pinterest. It combines lots of blogs and sites into one easily searchable place to stash them.

:)
  • megpie41
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    americastestkitchen.com and smittenkitchen.com. Neither are "diet" sites, just really really good recipes.

America's test kitchen has great recipes. Everything I've made from their site is so good. The beef stirfry is so good (and pretty healthy too)! They also have a cooking show on tv called Cooks Country. It's usually on PBS.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    tastespotting.com, it's not all healthy food though.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Making Thyme for Health, 100 Days of Real Food, skinnytaste, Eating Well, Taste of Home
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light is good also
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I really love Serious Eats. They focus on technique and the science behind cooking and do research into the best ways to cook things. It definitely has brought my cooking to a new level!
  • tracymegan
    tracymegan Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    8mqtu2s3oewi.jpeg
  • ZoneFive
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »

America's test kitchen has great recipes. Everything I've made from their site is so good. The beef stirfry is so good (and pretty healthy too)! They also have a cooking show on tv called Cooks Country. It's usually on PBS.

I DVR both ATK and Cook's Country and bingewatch them every now and then. I have a good three dozen of their recipes in rotation -- their White Chicken Chili is to die for.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the recipes from www.pinchofyum.com a lot of healthy recipes that are incredibly tasty. She provides nutrition info for many of the recipes as well. I still calculate them on my own but gives you a general idea if it's reasonable or not.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Agree with several other commenters... America's Test Kitchen is great. You do have to pay for it though. They have great equipment reviews and taste tests - I never buy a new piece of kitchen equipment without first checking what they say. They also have several cook books including one called "The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook" which, for someone single like myself, really helps (alternately, you can just search their recipes on their website with "for two" and have access to them).

I also regularly check Pinterest, Epicurious, Skinny Taste, and Food Network.

I often adapt the recipes I find: reducing the amount of oil used (an oil mister is your friend!); replacing "serve with rice" with "serve with cauliflower rice"; etc.

I've tried Yummly but haven't really liked it - it seems like the same recipes also come up. Has anyone had any success with it?
  • megpie41
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »

I DVR both ATK and Cook's Country and bingewatch them every now and then. I have a good three dozen of their recipes in rotation -- their White Chicken Chili is to die for.

I will have to try the chicken chili recipe...sounds very tasty. Right now I have 15 episodes saved on my dvr...I always watch one when in need of a little cooking inspiration.
  • ZoneFive
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    Agree with several other commenters... America's Test Kitchen is great. You do have to pay for it though. They have great equipment reviews and taste tests - I never buy a new piece of kitchen equipment without first checking what they say. They also have several cook books including one called "The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook" which, for someone single like myself, really helps (alternately, you can just search their recipes on their website with "for two" and have access to them).

I don't pay for many websites, but I do pay for access to the ATK sites, and I'll probably go on renewing. It's rare that I fail with any of their recipes, and I've learned some great techniques as well.