To a new me

Options
Here's to a new me,

My name is Sarah, I'm 23 years old and I'm here to start my journey. I've went through a huge depression and finally hagen being happy with my life. I'm about to graduate and be a nurse! But recently my mother was in the hospital due to a heart attack (she's okay!). And it was a giant wake up call to me. From being 150 then gaining 50 pounds has been the hardest thing in my life to face that I felt I had no control over. I want to be healthy! I want to be there for my future children and I want to be a role model for a healthy lifestyle. So here's to a new beginning and I don't hope but I WILL reach my goal! (Positivity is key, right?)

Replies

• SarahElisabeth3
    SarahElisabeth3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the typos!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck. Stay steady one day at a time. be sure to read some of the pinned posts...they're very helpful
  • Joster91
    Joster91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that's what it takes, a wake up call, glad your mother is okay. Good luck and keep with it.
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Seallen613 wrote: »
    Here's to a new me,

My name is Sarah, I'm 23 years old and I'm here to start my journey. I've went through a huge depression and finally hagen being happy with my life. I'm about to graduate and be a nurse! But recently my mother was in the hospital due to a heart attack (she's okay!). And it was a giant wake up call to me. From being 150 then gaining 50 pounds has been the hardest thing in my life to face that I felt I had no control over. I want to be healthy! I want to be there for my future children and I want to be a role model for a healthy lifestyle. So here's to a new beginning and I don't hope but I WILL reach my goal! (Positivity is key, right?)

Typos are fine. I always make them. Putting on weight for me is a symptom of how I feel inside. I can't kid anyone I am happy when I am overweight. If I am happy I don't comfort eat, so I am trying to address the issues underlying my binge eating in the evenings.