ChaLEAN Extreme Buddies

Options

Replies

• forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Started Burn Circuit 1 this morning with the bands and I think that once I get the higher resistance ones today they're going to work just fine! I really feel all the muscles I worked this morning already.
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I Just started today!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I just started today too, but I think I need heavier weights!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Hey guys!
    If you want some additional peeps who have been doing CXL there is another post to check out. ALL are welcome and there are great peeps on it too!
    Here is the link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293721-chalean-extreme-group-starting-monday-5-23?page=3#posts-4051977
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info Jenyfur1... :)
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Anytime! We are all dealing with basically the same issues.. Weights vs Bands, Heavier weights needed etc. Nice to know you are not alone..:)
  • Tiffhus
    Tiffhus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm on the 4th week of month one. Haven't seen many results but i'm going to keep pressing play.
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Still waiting for my shipment, hope to have it by tomorrow, will definitely be starting soon!
  • n0isehazard
    n0isehazard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Almost done with week 3 and loving the program! A lot more fun than Power 90, in my opinion. :) I could already see my arms are becoming more toned. I'm thinking I need to add in some extra cardio to combat my tummy flab.

How is everyone doing today? Keeping those eating habits in check?
  • vold94
    Options
    I got my shipment. Plan on starting it on sunday! Can't wait!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    So i've been skimming the forums looking for a thread on CE.. I started it yesterday and would definitely like to join!
  • wyldmoon
    Options
    I would love to join as well. I started it about a month ago but went back to Day 1 as I had a bad week and a half. So if anyone wants to add me, please do!! I am loving the program so far!!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am in the third week of the Push month... doing TF/CLX hybrid though so next month will be all TF, but still would love to give support and have support! :smile: I am likely going to be continuing the program longer than I expected anyway.
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers. I think all of us on here are both here and on this other thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293721-chalean-extreme-group-starting-monday-5-23

Everyone in the above mentioned thread is at different stages of the program and there are some that are doing the TF/CLX Hybrid.

I just started this week and so far am loving the lifting. A little sore, but in a good way.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done along with a 30 minute run. I am sore but that's a good thing! I'm also training for a 5K on august 27th so I'll be running a lot too.. How's everyone else doing? I love it so far! It's better then p90x because she works your bottom half while working upper body.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Measured my body fat today with the calipers. I'm at 21.5%.

Starting CLX tomorrow and we'll see how much fat I can lose. Finished week 14 of Turbo Fire today and I decided I really am ready to move on now. YAY!!!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Burn Circuit 1 - done!

I think I can use heavier weights next time, but this was good for learning and feeling out the proper form. HRM says I burned 299 calories, woohoo! Was worried my burn would be pretty low, but it was not bad at all. I usually burn 10 calories/minute (100 calories every 10 minutes) doing Turbo Fire so I am pleased since I know i can go a little heavier and burn a bit more moving forward.
    Good first day!!!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I got this set a while ago but never really got started with it. Have now decided to get on with it LOL.

Went for a 40 minute run this morning and then did Burn Circuit 1 before showering a coming to work. I don't have weights either, just bands, which are graded form 10lbs to 50lbs but I'm not sure how well they are going to work in terms of using the same strength/resistance every time.

I'm a weakling and for some exercises used what's supposed to be the 50lb band with no trouble!! :noway:
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone here!! I'm starting week 2 of Burn today. Last week was good, but I didn't have heavy enough weights. My husband surprised me by ordering the SelectTechs for me, they should be here today!! Yay!! Can't wait to try it with some heavier resistance, I really want to see some progress before the Marine Corps Ball in November. For the cardio and yoga I'm doing Zumba and the biggest loser weight loss yoga, it worked out really well last week for me.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone does with this!
  • vold94
    Options
    Started Burn circuit 1 yesterday. Not bad. I either need to get some heavier weights or start using the bands. Going to play with it a little, but all in all I think I'm going to like it!