Fitness tracker needed, but not the cost of a fitbit.

Options
Does anyone have a fitness tracker which is cheap but has a lot of functions compared to the branded ones?

I know that I won't be able to synch to MFP, which is shame but who knows, someone may know of deals or just as good as a fitbit.

Cheers in advance.

Replies

• Dyrx
    Dyrx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar H10 chest strap.... syncs to Polar Flow on my phone and uploads to Polar website... it will store a session but I also use a HT7 wrist watch for instant feedback. H10 is under $90 on Amazon... app is free.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Scoche Rhythm+ optical HRM... $80, and very accurate. None of the bells and whistles.. just HRM - everything else comes from whatever app you are using it with.

Syncing with MFP works great when used with iCardio or other fitness apps.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    What do you want from it? Count steps like a Fitbit?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a fitness tracker which is cheap but has a lot of functions compared to the branded ones?

I know that I won't be able to synch to MFP, which is shame but who knows, someone may know of deals or just as good as a fitbit.

Cheers in advance.

What do you want to gain from it? What sort of things are you wanting to track and what sort of training do you do?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    If you already have a smart phone, use it to track steps and buy a HRM strap (wahoo fitness) for workouts.

There are lots of fitbits on eBay, but I got a lot of mileage from the warranty that comes with a new one (eg, replacement of failed units).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Look on eBay for cheaper price on Fitbit.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've used a Fitbit, Jawbone Up and a Misfit. The Jawbone was the most comparable, and if you get an older version (Up2 or 3 i think?) they are much cheaper. I think my Up was around $30 on amazon.
  • Jessiedawn3
    Jessiedawn3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch on Amazon with a lot of different options and comparable to the pricier ones. I paid $35 for one and am very happy with it. There is a heart rate monitor and all.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin Vivofit 2.
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have bought my Fitbits on blinq.com, which has open box electronics. They're usually 40 to 50% off.
  • AnnieLewandowski302
    Options
    I use the Garmin Vivosmart HR+. Got it for $150 at Best Buy a few months ago. It's waterproof, has a heart rate monitor, counts steps, and has gps for running. It's been really great so far. And it syncs to the garmin connect app which then syncs to myfitnesspal. Looks like you can find them refurbished on Amazon for less. Good luck!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    It's funny that the OP wants something that sells for less than a Fitbit and many of the replies recommend Garmin units that are at least as expensive. The common theme seems to be that users feel they're worth it.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ebay
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,838 Member
    Options
    I got an Alta fitness tracker off Amazon for 25 if you're just looking to count steps. It also measures sleep but it is sensitive and woke you up so I don't use that feature. It will Bluetooth to your phone and show messages and calls
  • thinbybday
    thinbybday Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use a Jawbone Up 2 that was about $20 on Amazon, new. I love it.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Lots of functions on the device - or on the app/account they sync to?

Fitbit Zip is $20-60 USD - just as much as many other options - though no HR.
  • jlval1989
    jlval1989 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use a MiBand 2. Very cheap and cheerful - I think I paid about £20. That tracks steps and heart rate, plus a few other excersises if I ask it to.

The MiBand syncs to Google Fit, which in turn syncs to MFP.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    For a basic step tracker, a gen 1 misfit either model is probably your best bet... and it syncs with MFP as a bonus

But you didn't actually specify price range or features desired.

If you want an obsolete device that will die in 6 months, a Jawbone is what you're looking for.