What to have after dinner? Any tips?

Options
Eaten dinner..... Should be full! Tried waiting...... Drinking water......
Any tips or ideas for healthy low cal treats or snacks ?

Many thanks!

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    When I have days where I hit my calories but still feel starving, I fill up on fruits and veggies and just not count the calories. I mean, yeah I usually go over or get close to going over, but at least I'm doing it with healthy calories. Sometimes a nice cup of hot tea helps me too if it's fruit flavored.
  • tlscali
    tlscali Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love just a tiny square of Trader Joe's dark chocolate and a big gulp of non-fat milk. I have a sweet tooth and that little bit does the trick.
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    How about watermelon or cucumber? They're mostly water, so they should fill you up without being very caloric.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I was straving earlier today waiting for lunch. I mixed some PB2 with a glass of skim milk. I felt stuffed and now I'm fighting to want lunch.
  • chantihayes
    Options
    When my stomach thinks I should eat after dinner , and lemon water doesn't work, I just go to bed because it's the only way I can fight it :/ LOL
  • ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    small healthy bowl of cereal and use can use skim milk or almond milk. Low fat cottage cheese. Low fat ogurt with some chopped fruit. Ligth microwave popcorn and a low/no calorie drink. Small handful of almonds (may be 10) and liquid. Skinny cow ice cream sandwich.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I save the majority of my calories for dinner, because that's when my cravings hit hardest. This way, I have a full and satisfying meal that doesn't leave me hungry for snacks or treats later on. Also, having a mid afternoon snack cuts down on the cravings as well. I've even found that a salad with low-fat/calorie dressing curbed those cravings too.
    I'm liking the YoCrunch Fruit Parfaits to calm my sweet tooth. I'm liking roasted red pepper hummus and low calorie multigrain crackers when I'm craving salty things.