Curb appetite

Options
Hi guys what are somethings you did to curb your appetite???? I drink plenty of water but still be hungry is it a mind thing???? I was going try pills from the gnc but i really dont want to buy nothing thats going work any ideas???? I also was thing bout going back on adpex but i dont like the side effects HELP ANYONE thanks........I think about food alot

Replies

• GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    More fat and protein helps me. For some it's more fiber. If I eat ANY carbs or sugars, I go over board. Try paying attention to everything you eat. Note the times you still feel hungry vs the times you feel you can actually last. Write down how soon it was after said food that you felt hungry again. Low carb diets like keto help people stay full longer.. HOWEVER it takes a lot of getting use to. Many feel deprived on it (they want their junk food) and don't find it sustainable. I find it to have a lot of variety.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    These things helped me-

Always had an idea what I was going to eat next and when. That way it was just a matter of delay.
    Also, I ate a lot of stuff I liked. I wasn't struggling through the afternoon to make it to some celery sticks.

Ate 6X per day. 3 meals, 3 snacks.

I quit exaggerating what was happening. I wasn't starving or famished. Sometimes I was hungry, sometimes it was fairly uncomfortable. Fortunately I've never known real hunger.

I quit telling myself that I loved this or that food or eating. Calling it love was another unhelpful exaggeration.

When I was uncomfortable, I'd tell myself that it was what weight loss felt like.

I would consider serving sizes when planning. Sure I could eat cake, but a satisfying serving was way too many calories.

The apple was my best friend. Oatmeal was second and it wasn't just for breakfast. Broccoli is a big help.

If I didn't get enough dietary fat I would get agitated and never satisfied. Same for protein.

It gets better. Keep going.
  • Lyreth_5389
    Lyreth_5389 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Counterintuitively, I find a little light exercise helps me curb "boredom hunger". If I'm obsessing about my next meal, I try to get up and take a 10-20 minute walk, nothing too strenuous, just something to get my blood flowing and my mind off of my stomach. After a walk I drink a large glass of water and if I'm still really hungry, I figure it's probably real and I grab an apple.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely, exercise helps. It gets me out of the house or office and gets me moving. It's a win-win because I'm not eating then and I'm burning calories so I can eat a bit more.

Also ... doing stuff in general. If I get busy doing housework or homework or something, I'm thinking less about eating.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Another vote for keeping busy. And realising that feeling hungry isn't a bad thing.... Needing to feel satisfied constantly is part of the reason I ended up with weight to lose
  • ejohn024
    ejohn024 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    These things helped me-

Always had an idea what I was going to eat next and when. That way it was just a matter of delay.
    Also, I ate a lot of stuff I liked. I wasn't struggling through the afternoon to make it to some celery sticks.

Ate 6X per day. 3 meals, 3 snacks.

I quit exaggerating what was happening. I wasn't starving or famished. Sometimes I was hungry, sometimes it was fairly uncomfortable. Fortunately I've never known real hunger.

I quit telling myself that I loved this or that food or eating. Calling it love was another unhelpful exaggeration.

When I was uncomfortable, I'd tell myself that it was what weight loss felt like.

I would consider serving sizes when planning. Sure I could eat cake, but a satisfying serving was way too many calories.

The apple was my best friend. Oatmeal was second and it wasn't just for breakfast. Broccoli is a big help.

If I didn't get enough dietary fat I would get agitated and never satisfied. Same for protein.

It gets better. Keep going.

Thank because i just started eating protien bars i feel like i dont get hungry until lunch
  • ejohn024
    Options
    Counterintuitively, I find a little light exercise helps me curb "boredom hunger". If I'm obsessing about my next meal, I try to get up and take a 10-20 minute walk, nothing too strenuous, just something to get my blood flowing and my mind off of my stomach. After a walk I drink a large glass of water and if I'm still really hungry, I figure it's probably real and I grab an apple.

After i work i be hungry foreal but i will try big glass of water thank you
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I agree...keeping busy. If my mind and body are occupied, I don't have time to think about food. I find I get hungry later if I have Caffeine (in the form of pills or coffee for me) in the mornings.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is it hunger or is it appetite? If you aren't eating enough, it's hunger. If so, eat more, or if you are eating enough calories, eat better. If you are eating enough, it's just appetite. If so, distract yourself, or just wait it out. At any rate, don't take pills to remove a healthy function. Google "the hunger scale".
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. I've lost a lot of weight and rarely hungry.
  • ejohn024
    Options
    Is it hunger or is it appetite? If you aren't eating enough, it's hunger. If so, eat more, or if you are eating enough calories, eat better. If you are eating enough, it's just appetite. If so, distract yourself, or just wait it out. At any rate, don't take pills to remove a healthy function. Google "the hunger scale".

thank you
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    The only thing that curbs my appetite if I'm truly hungry (rather than thirsty) is vigorous exercise.