Help I’m hungry all the time

Options
Hello It’s my first time posting I need advice on my journey... i been dieting for ever . I been always overweight, now I want to make changes on my life style because of health my knees hurt my back and I don’t want to gain anymore weight. I’m 5’3 225 lbs, last year I had my baby he’s 1 yr old now and still not loosing my baby weight I’m always hungry sometimes I can control myself but when I’m feeling down or in my period I just can’t stop eating makes me feel so good, I need an advice how to control myself on those days i exercise some times walking or do cardio but then I stop I’m really wanna change my life but I can’t .. my husband love to eat too and that don’t helps a lot please tell me joe do you control your appetite o need to lose and I need advice tricks or some help ... thank you

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Easy fixes - fill up on things that add bulk without calories. There is a reason we always hear salad salad salad when we want to diet. Without the extra cheese and dressings and nuts, low calorie and filling. Start each meal with a large glass of water ahead of it by about 10 minutes.

I feel like there are deeper issues at play here that may be worth looking into, but habits will need to be altered. You need to find something else that makes you feel good.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    also foods with high fiber, like split pea soup, can be very filling for low calories.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Harsh truth? You'll be hungry at first. Another harsh truth? Being hungry is just part of eating less than you are used to.

There are ways to help that. Change what you eat. Eat lots of fiber, fat and protein, less carby bready stuff.

I know you are new to this, but you need to drop the excuses. All of them. And just do what you need to do to get the weight off. Excuses are barriers against our goals. Never blame others for what you can control. Adults sometime have to put their "big girl panties" on and just be responsible for themselves.

harsh truth...no you don't have to be hungry to lose weight.

appetite <> hunger
    Thrist <> hunger
    Boredom<>hunger

but lots confuse them.

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I think that @toxikon hit the nail on the head when she said that "everyone is different". That is so true! I know a lot of people who have had success with Low Carb High Fat, like @dhadley1970, while for others (me included) that doesn't work (I need a balanced meal to feel satisfied). Therefore, I would strongly recommend trying different things (like the ones that toxikon listed). Personally, I find that I feel most full on the fewest calories when my foods are high-volume and low calorie, minimally processed, high protein, balanced macros (fats, proteins and carbs).

The key is understanding yourself and your own triggers, whether those are emotions, foods (like chips--I'll eat them all), or situations (like parties or eating out). The thing that seems to have the most evidence in helping with weight loss is writing down what you eat, when, and how much. Tracking your hunger levels and emotions before, during and after eating, will also help you gain insights into your own patterns and triggers, which you can then strategize for.

Good luck!
  • toretty
    toretty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all , I been trying meals every 3 hours and still hungry and one large meal by day and this is the one is working more for me but then I got bored and need something to chew and then I go back with my bad habits, I supposed to eat 1200 calories some days I’m perfect it some not and i drink lots of water like 10 16 oz water bottles.... thank you I’m really grateful with this advices next Time I’ll post will be to share my progress thank to you
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Where did you come up with 1200 calories? Did you do the guided set up on MFP? Also make sure you log any exercise and eat back those calories.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's ok to feel hungry.

It really is.

I'm not trying to be silly when I say that.

What you wrote indicates that eating is tied into you emotionally in some way. You are eating to feel good.

Overeating is a habit like biting your nails or smoking. You need to become aware of the things that lead to your overeating habit and substitute other things. Watching TV is often a precursor to overeating for example.

So do not put yourself in that situation. If you are an alcoholic don't hang out in bars.

When you start to feel like overeating go for walk or do something that occupies your mind.

And like others have said, don't be too extreme in your calories. Set achievable goals.
  • toretty
    toretty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sjd421 wrote: »
    Where did you come up with 1200 calories? Did you do the guided set up on MFP? Also make sure you log any exercise and eat back those calories.

Idk when I set up MFP my weight height and activity level was sedentary it show me 1200 calories and when I do excersices almost never eat back the calories burned
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    toretty wrote: »
    sjd421 wrote: »

Idk when I set up MFP my weight height and activity level was sedentary it show me 1200 calories and when I do excersices almost never eat back the calories burned

1200 is a default. If you put in a high enough weekly weight loss goal, MFP spits out 1200.

1200 is for petite & sedentary OR elderly & sedentary. If this is not you.....you set a too high weekly weight loss goal.

1200 is BEFORE exercise. Be hungry if you want to. Don't use the site as designed....but that's why you are hungry.
  • NotGuiltylawyer
    NotGuiltylawyer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1200 cals is too extreme. Remember, you are just starting out. You are not used to eating healthy and practicing portion control. Start with a goal that's more realistic. Trust me, you will still loose. I am sure that before you started your weight loss journey, you were prob eating over 2500 cals per day, on good days!

Start small, cut down on junk, sugar and be mindful of your portions. Up your water intake as well. You don't want to send your system in shock by starting a 1200 cals per day, you will get discouraged and quit!

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    There's a thread with lots of information at the top of the forum page for General weight loss. It links to nearly a dozen topics. It's a great place to start and might answer some basic questions.