Anyone a Disney fan? I'm challenging myself to walk to Disn

Options
DisneyAddictRW
DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
I'm a HUGE Disney fan. I even have a tattoo in reference to Disney. (My first Disney marathon) I used map quest and it's 1596 miles one way from my house to WDW. My goal is to walk/run/eliptical/bike etc...enough miles to have made it to Disney. Anyone want to map quest their own journey and keep each other moving? Yes I'm a little crazy I even printed a map to hang on the fridge so I can get excited as I "pass" major cities on the way!

As of 8-2-11:
6.76/1596

Replies

• gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am an enormous disney fan too. however i live in england so i'm not sure how many miles it is! i'll find out though and it sounds like a great idea, well done!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh my freaking god....I am the hugest DISNEY fan too!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds like a great plan you got there!
  • adie_rogers
    adie_rogers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in England too so I might look at how far it is to Disneyland Paris!! I'm not sure I'll make it all the way to America! Great idea!
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Think I will be in on that too!!!
  • adie_rogers
    adie_rogers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in England too so I might look at how far it is to Disneyland Paris!! I'm not sure I'll make it all the way to America! Great idea!

Just Googled my house to Disneyland Paris and it's only 383km! I'll only be walking though so it might take me a while!
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Disney fan. Actually, I am currently training for my 2nd WDW Goofy Races that I'll run in Jan. 2012. This year, I'm running the 5K on Friday, half marathon on Saturday, and full marathon on Sunday. Let me just say, these races are AMAZING! You run through parts of the parks that most people never get to see (into Cinderella's castle, by the costume department buildings, etc.). The parks have all their characters dressed and ready to take pics with you (bring a disposable camera while you run). If you ever want the ultimate Disney experience, treat yourself to these races. After 6mo of training for them, it is WELL WORTH IT!

Run Strong,
    Shan
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a fantastic idea ...
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    Seriously, I don't think that's crazy, at all. I think it's super creative and it'll keep you motivated. How kewl!

Go for it!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    I'm also a Disney fan. Actually, I am currently training for my 2nd WDW Goofy Races that I'll run in Jan. 2012. This year, I'm running the 5K on Friday, half marathon on Saturday, and full marathon on Sunday. Let me just say, these races are AMAZING! You run through parts of the parks that most people never get to see (into Cinderella's castle, by the costume department buildings, etc.). The parks have all their characters dressed and ready to take pics with you (bring a disposable camera while you run). If you ever want the ultimate Disney experience, treat yourself to these races. After 6mo of training for them, it is WELL WORTH IT!

Run Strong,
    Shan

OMG I'm training for my 2nd WDW Goofy Race too! Too funny. I'm running the 5K and half at WDW Wine & Dine! Can't wait. After running my first goofy I came home and felt like I could do anything! We did a radio interview about the race and the DJ kept making the comment how positive the feeling was watching me talk about it. I found MFP and now with the two together I do believe I can do anything I put my mind to! Believe you will achieve!

I did the 5K too in January so we did 42.4 miles but this year we're not planning on the 5K. I wish we were but I think we're going to take that as a rest day/layed back day or we're going to look into a tour or something. No idea....wish I could just walk the 5K so my body wouldn't be too stressed for the other 2 races but the energy is amazing you don't want to walk. Feels like I have a jet pack on and I can't stop moving!
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    LOVE DISNEY!!! I go multiple times a year, had an annual pass twice, and basically buy everything Disney. My husband and I are doing the Wine and Dine 5K on Oct 1st! Our first 5K! So excited it's in Disney. Anyone else doing this race? Feel free to add as a friend!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    LOVE DISNEY!!! I go multiple times a year, had an annual pass twice, and basically buy everything Disney. My husband and I are doing the Wine and Dine 5K on Oct 1st! Our first 5K! So excited it's in Disney. Anyone else doing this race? Feel free to add as a friend!

Wine & Dine 5K (stroller - 2 kids plus a 11 yr old running)
    Goofy Challenge Jan. 2012

Can't wait!

Anyone can do a Disney race! Believe you will achieve! I'm acutally scared to run any other races b/c Disney is so much fun I'm affraid it would be too hard or I wouldn't enjoy the race.
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    Awesome! Next year, it's the half marathon...and the year after that, maybe the marathon?! :D