Box dye

Options
mikniknar
mikniknar Posts: 19 Member
I'm a hairstylist and I really hate it when someone asks me if they brought there drugstore box dye ( colour ) for their hair could I put it on their hair for them ???

Replies

• wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    price that the same as any other dye job
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Why? I dunno, *shrugs* it's quite a common thing where I currently live. You're a hairdresser, not a hair dye seller, why be offended? If a customer really likes a colour but isn't good at applying it I don't see what difference it makes whether it's "your" dye you apply or a bought one. Maybe charge an application fee, a bit like corkage, haha, I've never done it but if I did I wouldn't expect a hairdresser to do it for free. I would also only do it if I was having a cut too. It's expensive to have your hair dyed at a hairdressers, not everyone can afford it, but might really want to get a colour. Just my personal opinion but I've pretty laid back about most things...
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    mikniknar wrote: »
    I'm a hairstylist and I really hate it when someone asks me if they brought there drugstore box dye ( colour ) for their hair could I put it on their hair for them ???

I'm a hairdresser too. Drives.me.insane.
    And those same people will say, "ok, how much for a color if you do it with your stuff?" I give them a price, they don't want to pay it, they box color their own hair, they come crawling back and have to pay for a corrective color. And I've had people do this multiple times to me :| Fckers will never learn.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I drank a bottle of dye once. I was ok, but I felt like I was dying inside.
  • Louve350
    Louve350 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hum.. some people are.... huh.. yeah...
    Its like going to a restaurant and ask "can I bring my own chicken for you to cook".