This is my first ever photo post.... so here.we.go!

Options
I just want to say.... for years I have been concerned about what the scale said... YOU ARE FAT! And many times I would get on here and get super motivated to only gain some weight starting a workout routine... (which we know happens at first). However, that number on the scale always was my kryptonite... regardless of how I felt, if that number wasn't going down, i was a failure..... fast forward to now... and my first process pic... because to me, it is a process.... there is about 5 weeks between these two photos... 3 of those weeks my wife and I started doing crossfit and gave up our normal gym membership since we never used it. We have several friends that are big into crossfit and they have been begging us for years to do it. After much research and stepping out of my comfort zone, 3 weeks of it to be exact we are at the attached picture. The old me would be sick and furious about how much the scale moved.... the new me realizes that is just a number and the proof is in the pudding.... for those wondering... there is exactly 1.2 pounds difference in those 2 photos.... I'm begging you, break out of the scale funk and realize that number doesn't define you...... you define you! Now go i0dgdqh5q7a8.jpg
get after it!

Replies

• MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome progress! I am a bit obsessed with my scale and weigh myself every morning and when I see gain or no change I get upset with myself. Thanks for posting this!
  • kelsiestoner
    kelsiestoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And seriously, thank you for posting this. This is something I never think about when I get in that funk.
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Shows its not all about the scales. Great post.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yep! The scale is a lying liar that lies.

Well done!
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed today thank you so much !
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I needed this today!! I am down because the scale hasnt moved which is crazy because I feel so much better than I have in years.

Congrats on your awesome success!!
  • whb2015
    whb2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great post and progress. How many days a week did you go during the 3 weeks? I take it your diet is on point? Calories per day? starting weight?
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    yay good job!!
  • TabithaCheesecake
    TabithaCheesecake Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. I wish I could like it a thousand times!!!!
  • Brocksterdanza
    Brocksterdanza Posts: 208 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I am so glad I can finally inspire someone on here.... in the many years I have been on here, I have never been on this side of it. But i am so glad I can help those of you that need it out.

My diet is pretty much on point... I still have some treats... however, we go 4 days a week and during those sessions I am burning over 1k calories each time according to my polar hrm.

The starting pic I am about 262.... the process pic I am at 260.5. I still have a ways to go... but the man in the mirror is starting to smile back a little.

As far as eating, I am staying around 2500 calories a day, which is right at a 750 or so deficit.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
  • Bechler77
    Bechler77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I weigh in once a week and it hurts when that number doesn't move. It's awesome to see the progress you've made. Very inspiring! Keep up the great work!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Great post. :D
    So very true.
    For six weeks. I didn't drop a pound off the scales.
    YET.....
    I lost -3cm off my waist!
    Had to purchase new undies, because my current ones fell off my waist....
    AND
    Purchased my first pair of shorts in 20 years.

THE SCALES CANNOT MEASURE HOW YOUR BODY SHAPE CHANGES!

So to the scales. I just poke my tongue out!!!
    And just keep pushing!!!! :pB)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!