Running Shoes

Options
What kind of shoe do you normally buy? Any suggestions on a brand of shoe that tends to be a little bigger in width? I have a wide foot, but normally a wide width is just a tad too big! Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Go to a running store and have them fit you. And buy there. It's more expensive, but you get exactly the correct shoe and right fit. I went to http://www.fleetfeethartford.com ... there are other fleetfeet stores.

Gluck!

Sean
  • nikki722
    nikki722 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i also recommend a running store to get fitted and buy. the great thing about most running stores is if they fit you and you don't like the shoes, you can return them, even after you've worn them a few times. i went through 3 pairs of different shoes before i found the right ones for me and was able to return each pair
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would agree on the running store idea. They will watch you run or walk and pick out shoes depending on your stride.. Typically they give you 10 days to 2 weeks to try them out. I would also recommend buying one or two pair of running socks at the running store. I used to get blisters all the time while running and walking, since switching to new balance running socks I have not had a blister. :smile: Everything at a running store is expensive, but it's quality stuff!! Enjoy! Happy Shopping!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I believe New Balance shoes come in different widths. I also agree with going to a running store to get fitted. It will probably cost more the first time, but then you could just keep replacing those same shoes when they wear out....cheaper...online.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Checkout http://www.runnersworld.com for shoe reviews and brand names.
  • Dmax12
    Dmax12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your stride, the way you walk and the shape of your feet. Personally I think your best and only option is go to a reatailer that deals in sports shoes, otherwise your shoe may be adding unintended stress on your knees.

I used to use only cross trainers, then a guy at a retail store pointed out that I run on the inside on my feet. The only reason the cross trainer felt better was the wide base and most running shoes assume you run on the outside so it pushes your foot toward the inside. That basicly made me walk on the sides of my feet. I now strictly buy running shoes and they are either New Balance or Saucony.
  • jernigan51
    Options
    I have "wide" feet and have always been very comfortable in Adidas...though a few months ago I got a pair of Ryka running shoes and I like them a lot...
  • nikkischmitt79
    Options
    I purchased a pair of ECHO running shoes and I love them. They are my favorite.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!! I need new shoes bad!