weight loss set for 1.5lb per week but not hitting it

Options
I'm very frustrated (fyi I'm 145lb and 5ft 6) i am sticking to 1200.calories a day exercising daily yet again this week have only managed to loose 1lb am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• michaelsvance
    michaelsvance Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to actually up the calories and do strength training. You simply don't have enough fat on you to lose at that rate and if you are unsatisfied with your body. Maybe your the skinny fat or something, but whatever the reason is, following a strength training program can take care of the stubborn spots on your body. Your arms will get toned as well as your legs and abs. It will even everything out and get rid of the "squishy" look. But if you just simply want to be as small as possible, then stick to what you are doing. Going below 1,200cal is dangerous because your body won't get sufficient amount of nutrients and you will lose muscle. Other than that, there is no other way to lose weight safely at a faster pace.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You're my height and goal weight. I echo other sentiments here...sounds like you're already in a healthy weight range. If you're dissatisfied with your body composition, shifting your entire outlook to focus on that rather than an arbitrary weight number sounds like your next step!

1200 kcal sounds too low to be eating as well, especially since you are exercising daily. A pound is a loss in the correct direction and should be your general aim in this game...slow, sustainable weight loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the absolute minimum MFP will assign anyone to ensure adequate nutrition. As you have t have a deficit of 750 calories per day to lose 1.5 pounds per week, you cannot safely reach that goal. And you’re already at a healthy weight, so it’s going to be a slow process (as stated above, .5-1 pound a week).
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is moving you towards 120 lbs, roughly. What is your goal?