Vegan food and Recipes

Options
Does any one of you have any good ideas on vegan meals and recipes for my weight loss journey it’s really hard to find something these days when you’re always on the go and I value convenience but still it’s really hard

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    For vegan convenience it's hard to beat canned beans. You can do beans and rice, bean soup, burritos, quick chili, bean and vegetable salads, beans and pasta, beans and greens, beans on baked potato, etc.

For weight loss, it will be the same as it is for non-vegans -- consume fewer calories than you're using. If you haven't already, I'd get a calorie goal from MFP and begin logging consistently. This will give you an idea of where you need to cut back.
  • ck2307
    ck2307 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really like making spaghetti squash with a vegetable marinara sauce (give or take a few vegan meatballs)! It's much healthier than spaghetti and far fewer calories if weight loss is the goal. It takes a bit of time to make, but if you prep the squash beforehand it can be quick.
    I also make a lot of quesadillas with Maria and Ricardo's fiber tortillas, loaded with nutritional yeast, maybe some chopped veggies, a bit of vegan cheese, and/or some beans.
    Veggie stir-fry with tofu is another low cal option that can be quick if you prepare the veggies in advance or use a frozen or prepackaged stir fry mix!
    Ratatouille is great too, but maybe not when you're in a rush!
  • andfivesixseveneight
    Options
    The cookbook Vegan Under Pressure teaches how to make quick vegan meals in pressure cooker. Good variety of recipes, and guidelines for basic cookery. Definitely worth getting a pressure cooker when you're vegan.
    I make stuff like beans, lentils, quinoa, and grains in batches when there's time, then freeze in small portions. Easy to reheat at work or when too tired to cook at home. Same for soups, curries, etc. Saves money and healthier than eating out.
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Google "1,000 Vegan recipes" I think the cookbook is $20 new, even less used. I'm no longer vegan but I've used the recipe book in all my non meat modes. Enjoy!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You-tube is filled with tons of ideas- good luck!