Newbie doing Keto

Options
Good morning fitness peeps! I’m re-starting the Keto diet today and just looking to meet some friends I can share this journey with. Please let me know if you’re interested and if you’re doing Keto,
Thank you, I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• carolsandlin57
    carolsandlin57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy I'm new also. I've lost 3lbs since Oct 7th. I went over on my 20 carbs yesterday because I didn't realize that 1/2 blueberries in my smoothie was 11. I'm still going to drink that smoothie but not put chia seeds or coconut water in it. How r u doing and what r u eating?
  • sarah_emme
    sarah_emme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I am interested in starting the Keto diet. Doing a little more research before I start but I think it’s the right choice! Good luck !
  • jonilynnmayson
    jonilynnmayson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Sandy! I'm new to this app but I have been doing keto "training" since October 2 and have lost 9 lbs! Training meaning I slip and have some sweet tea or a diet soda or 4...
  • Sandypants2017
    Sandypants2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah & Jonilyn, good luck to both of you as well, Jonilyn, that's how much I've lost only I started September 1st, I lost the 9 lbs in September but had a bit of a personal setback this month so I'm ready to re-start before I gain any weight back! Do you ladies know how to become friends on here so that we can have keto & personal chats?
  • iolanas2013
    iolanas2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've recently rejoined after a long hiatus and am also doing Keto! I would love to have a friend in my journey :)
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Doing keto-ish. :) No bread, occasional sugar. I do allow fruits. Back on the wagon today.
  • zbmiller4
    zbmiller4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keto is the way of life my friend lol
  • Sandypants2017
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses, since I have no clue how to become friends with you can you send me a friend request? zbmiller, I agree and want to make it my way of life too! Whocares, way to get back on track! Iolanas, I would love to be your friend!
  • Sandypants2017
    Options
    Hi Carol! I missed your post but welcome and great job, you should still be in Ketosis because you're still way under 50 grams of carbs. (I aim to be 20 or less per day as well but some days when you go over just try and stay under 50 and you should be okay!)
  • jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Add me :smile: I've been keto for 5 months, down 22 lbs. now I'm more modified keto and maintaining. Anyone who would like to add me or message me about keto feel free :smiley:
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out although it is not the only LCHF themed group in MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group