5’9 - 5’11 ladies - What Are Your Stats/Goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• danniegurl2002
    danniegurl2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I still really don't like being tall - but I'm getting better at loving myself!

Height - 5’11
    Weight - 284.2 Ibs (starting 315)
    Goal - 175
    Bust - 44
    Waist - 48
    Hips - 55.5
    Clothing size - 22
    Body fat - Not sure, last time I checked about 8 months ago I think it was like 46%

I wear a 12 size shoe and HATE it!! LOL . I can never find cute shoes. Hopefully, with weight loss my feet will shrink a bit - I would kill to wear an 11.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Height - 5’11
    Goal - 175
    Bust - 44
    Waist - 48
    Hips - 55.5
    Clothing size - 22
    Body fat - Not sure, last time I checked about 8 months ago I think it was like 46%

I wear a 12 size shoe and HATE it!! LOL . I can never find cute shoes. Hopefully, with weight loss my feet will shrink a bit - I would kill to wear an 11.

Good news, I think you'll find that your feet do indeed get smaller with weight loss. I always used to be a 10 or 11, depending on the shoe. Now I need some 9's...and they got super narrow, when I was heavy I needed WW. :)
  • danniegurl2002
    danniegurl2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Height - 5’11
    Goal - 175
    Bust - 44
    Waist - 48
    Hips - 55.5
    Clothing size - 22

Good news, I think you'll find that your feet do indeed get smaller with weight loss. I always used to be a 10 or 11, depending on the shoe. Now I need some 9's...and they got super narrow, when I was heavy I needed WW. :)

OMG - super excited!! Thank you!!! I need a 12w right now!! I can not wait to see what the future holds for me!!!
  • christygirl38
    christygirl38 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like being tall although I feel self conscious if I'm around a lot of shorter people
  • BootyfulBikerZX10r
    BootyfulBikerZX10r Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Height: 5'9''
    Current Weight: 341lbs (starting 351)
    Current Body Fat: 49%
    Goal: 165/170
    (Personally start to feel amazing at 250lbs 32% body fat, then phenomenal at 215lb and 29% body fat. I've never been 165lbs 25%).
    Frame: Large, with a barrel rib cage (inherited)
    Bust: 55in., 42DDD (measured at me nips)
    Waist: 47in., (measured at bottom of sternum)
    Abdomen: 50in., (measured at belly button)
    Hips: 62in., (measured at widest point, gotta love a big booty)
    Thighs: 35in., each (measured at thumbs with hands at sides)
    Shoe: 9.5 mens or 11 womens

"I wish a was a little bit taller wish I was a baller wish I have a girl who looked good, I would call her"

For real tho I do wish I was like my mom and sisters hitting them 5'11's Im the shawty in the family. I was a baller, right post, and I do have a girl who looks good and I can call her so I ain't doing so bad after all. lol.

Im currently doing TDEE 20% and working with an IIFYM coach to hit my goal weight.
    Eating Cal. 2765, Pro. 150g, Carb. 260g, Fat 115g, Fiber 35g and drinking a gallon of water a day.

Screw those stupid doctors BMI charts (sorry idk where that came from)
  • EMC85083
    EMC85083 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'9"
    Weight - 144 Ibs
    Goal - 138
    Bust - 34
    Waist - 27
    Hips - 36
    Clothing size - US 6

I hated being tall when I was younger but have learned to appreciate it more as an adult. I do still have a hard time finding pants with long enough inseams and coats/jackets with long enough arms though. That part of being tall will always be annoying.
  • seashellybob
    seashellybob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'10"
    Starting weight - 237
    Current weight - 216
    (First) Goal weight - 175
    Bust - 38
    Waist - 34 (at smallest point)
    Hips - 49.5 (at widest point)
    Clothing size - US14-18
    Shoe size - 10W

I have always enjoyed being tall. I think the only annoying things I've found is that my height is all in my torso so that a lot of dresses fall right at my crotch and are too short. And some boys feel self conscious of being shorter than me when I wear heels...so I wear them more often!

Started in July and down 20lbs. Hope to be down more and feeling great because I'm getting married in 6 months. It's a great motivator!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Height - 5’11 (gained an inch after losing 80+ pounds).
    Weight - Maintaining between 165 -170 pounds year round.
    Goal - Maintain my weight/size.

Body fat - Not sure, but I'm very happy with my body composition of having a good balance of solid curves and lean muscle. I'm the smallest I've ever been as an adult!

Other then standing out (I don't like attention) I really love being tall. <3 Thanks to my parents, my self-esteem has always been great and I was taught to keep my head high, shoulders back and walk/speak proudly at a young age. Never had an issue with the boys at any age or height and I never felt like I should slouch to make myself shorter. If anyone has any issue with my height that's on them.

Clothes can be an issue though, but that has more to do with my curves then my height.

As a gift to myself for maintaining for 5 years next year, I'm taking classes to learn how to sew and tailor my own clothes to fit my body soon. I'm so excited to be able to make my own cute dresses and skirts for spring/summer 2018!
  • LeelaaC
    LeelaaC Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi all, so nice to hear about all you lovely tall ladies! Here are my stats...

Height: 5'9"

Weight:
    Starting 182
    Current 174
    Goal 165 or less...depending

Bust - 38
    Waist 32.5
    Hips 41

Body fat...no idea. But I generally fit into a size 12...and can almost get into a pair of size 10 jeans again!

Buy my problem is that I'm 44 and losing weight now is so much tougher than in my 30's. I weighed 145 as a teen...155 in my 20's but after my first miscarriage was up to 165. I've always gained a ton of weight while pregnant but have always lost it and gone back down to the 155 range except for my last one. I've been hanging on to this weight for almost 5 years and I realized I need to get it off my mind!
    Honestly I feel pretty comfortable at my current weight and often consider staying..but I just want to see a number on the scales that starts with 16...as in 169. Its a dream!!!
  • Skipjack66
    Skipjack66 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So can I respond if I'm 6 feet?

Because some of us "tall ladies" are even taller, we have many of the same issues as previous posters, and most likely have even a harder time getting clothes and shoes that fit us properly.

"Tall sizes", from many chain retailers, seem to be geared towards women who are about 5'8" or 5'9", and therefore are not truly "tall sizes," for people like me! It means that I buy clothing very infrequently since most things don't fit me. Anything structured is definitely a no-go as my bust is lower than regular sizing due to my long torso, and sleeves and pant lengths and "rises" in pants are all too short for the most part because I need a 35" inseam. And being on the "thinner" side of the BMI spectrum, it makes it nearly impossible sometimes. The "XL" I need for my shoulder breadth, sleeve and garment length is absolutely swimming on me, so I might as well wear a circus tent!

So my stats:
    6' (age 51)
    SW 172 (post meno weight gain)
    CW 145 lbs
    GW 145
    Bust 32B
    Waist 30" at smallest point but 33" or so at the navel
    Hips 39"
    Shoulders - larger than 40" span thanks to swimming!
    Fat? I dunno. If I gain weight, it goes straight to the "meno pot"
    Am I a small frame? I think so - my wrists are 4.5" but my pelvis and shoulder width throw off my clothing sizes. I don't look at the number or letter on an article of clothing when shopping. I look at sleeve/pant length, torso length and overall width to decide if it's worth trying on. Mostly it's not.

But clothing shopping is actually much easier for me than shoe shopping. I take a 12N and haven't bought shoes in over eight years. Everything is falling apart at the seams, save a couple of my high heels that I purchased 15 years ago that I have boxed up for special occasions. The tall store that I used to buy shoes from was bought out by a U.K. retailer called Long Tall Sally, and they only sell their own brand of medium width shoes. I was in there a month ago trying to find anything to fit me, and once again it was another wasted trip. ....

However it was an interesting visit. There was a sales lady steaming the wrinkles out of a dress, and it was actually quite a horrible dress. I remarked that it was ugly, and the woman agreed. Then she went on to tell me that she thought all the clothes were ugly (I concurred). I was laughing with her and we were discussing how frumpy all their clothes were. The manager came over and explained the managements' and executive designers' perspective on fashion for tall women. She said that they believed that tall women don't really want to be tall, and that is why they use boat necklines, turtle necks, crew necks and avoid deep V necklines for almost all their clothing. Much of their clothing is also not very form fitting either, but fits loosely about the chest and sleeves. They do this so it creates an illusion of being shorter than we actually are. As if.....

My two cents: There's not much you can do about your height if you're tall. So really it's better to embrace it and love your body. Wear clothes that flatter your frame and stand tall and be proud. You are unique and beautiful. Good posture makes everyone look and feel better no matter what their size, so why not hold those shoulders back and keep your neck and head high? You can see over heads in a crowd, you can always reach the top shelf, you have the widest hand span for musical instruments and you have a great reach for sports!

My current goal? Find a solution for my shoes. I plan to travel to Southwest Florida in November. If any of you tall ladies knows where I can pick up some 12N shoes, I would love your help. I am thinking of duct taping cardboard to my feet now....
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Height - 5’9
    Weight - 176
    Goal - 155
    Bust - 38
    Waist - 33
    Hips - 43
    Clothing size - USA 10 - 12, depending on how much spandex is in the material :-)
    Body fat - ??? Don't know

Don't know if ill reach my goal, i feel like being in my mid 30's is making things harder