bathroom scale

Options
Hey everyone! As summer comes to a close soon, so will my summer boot camp! I usually weigh in there on one of those fancy doctor like scales, but unfortunately that wont fit in my apartment! I have a Taylor scale (super cheap, like $12 cheap) that my mom had forever and gave to me, but its always about 3lbs off. Does anyone have a recommendation of the bathroom scale you use? I would like to keep it under $50, and I want it digital measuring at least 1 decimal point out. Body fat measuring would be a plus, but not necessary.

Thanks in advance and happy Tuesday!

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i would suggest reading reviews on Amazon. I have a taylor scale as well and tend to weigh myself a couple times and get the average. I don't think the body fat % ones are very accurate. How would they know?
  • dont_u_mean_carrots
    Options
    I started using the wii board that comes with wii fit. Might check into that if you have access to a wii. It's also good for keeping track of your progress.
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    I got the Biggest Loser scale from target for 29 bucks I think, matches exactly with my dr and give me decimal break downs and has a memory for keeping track as well. I love it =)
  • amcswain01
    amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watches scale I bought at Target. It was somewhere between $20-25. It seems to be pretty accurate. In fact I weighed myself this morning and also had a dr. appointment and it was the same as the dr. scale.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    yeah my Taylor isn't digital, its one of those needle readings, so you have to be perfectly still and its so hard to read the darn thing!

haha love the wii idea! It will give me a reason to finally purchase one! haha
  • Spreadborough
    Options
    About a month ago, I bought he Escali USTT180 Track and Target Bathroom Scale. On Amazon for about $42:

http://www.amazon.com/Escali-USTT180-Track-Target-Bathroom/dp/B0026FCIW0

I find it to be sleek, consistent, and like that it takes AAA batteries which are on hand when they need replaced.

Has minor programming, but not super techy. You can set a goal weight, and it tracks your progress, etc.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I bought a Health-o-Meter scale at Walmart last year for under $40. I love it!! It's a few pounds heavier from the scale I used before it, but I just adjusted over to this one. It has 5 user settings and it weighs body fat percentage.

http://www.healthometer.com/Product.aspx?cid=1087&pid=8519
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a Conair Weight Watchers scale. I don't remember what I paid for it (it's been a few years) but at the time it was the only one in the store that went to 0.1 lb (most seemed to go to 0.2 lbs). I've had it for a few years now and have not had any problems with it - it seems to be pretty consistent.
  • LexusG
    LexusG Posts: 9
    Options
    WTF, i see all these people with so many pounds dropped!! HOW? Help me? Anybody? Just screaming at my scale here :P
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Just keep subtracting 3lbs from the one you have! Free!

If you want a new one, I bought the biggest loser one, nice and big and weighs up to 400+ lbs.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    WTF, i see all these people with so many pounds dropped!! HOW? Help me? Anybody? Just screaming at my scale here :P

haha I feel ya! It's 90% what you eat and 10% exercise is what I hear.
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a health o meter scale that I got from walmart that I love...... from what I know it's accurate.... and it reads your bmi and hydration level...... It also keeps track of your older weighins
  • ktmcknight
    Options
    Hi,

mine is a ' Health-o-meter ' . I got it at wal-mart for about $15.00. I love it!

- Katelynn
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I just bought the Taylor 7506 from Walmart. $23 plus free shipping and I love it. It measures in 1/10th lbs and is digital. Also, best buy on consumer reports.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Taylor-Model-7506-Glass-Electronic-Scale/14311191
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

It's taken me nearly a year to reach a loss of 51 pounds and now with just 10 -15 left to go...I'M STUCK! Wouldn't ya know! I get down to end and I can't move. Same 2 - 3 pounds..up and down, up and down. But through the last year, I've wanted to cry and I've wanted to scream, but I just decided to accept that it takes freakin' forever (LOL) and go on. Now that I've come this far, I'm glad I did.

Good Luck! Hang in there!