Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Eggs
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Parfait: favorite cereal, layered with yogurt, and berries or other fruit. In a tall clear parfait glass so it looks like a real treat! Lunch: Bumble Bee Tuna or Chicken Salad on crackers with a sliced apple with a dusting of cinnamon sugar. Dinner: 3-egg omelette made with canned mushrooms and frozen asparagus, (made in a pan with Cooking Spray) and a slice of whole wheat toast.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    binzyAU wrote: »
    Homemade sourdough bread (toasted), egg (add salt and pepper), feta, and smashed avocado (lemon, Chipotle pepper, chopped coriander, salt and pepper) as a spread. That's breaky for ya.

I'm going to try this; sounds yummy, and a different thing to do with an avocado. Thanks!
  • ZAnders84
    ZAnders84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been experimenting with all sorts of bottled marinades for chicken. I eat chicken daily so I have been trying to avoid burnout. Nothing fancy but I recommend the Lawry's brand marinades! I also eat 93% lean hamburger. I usually whip up 4 or 5 of those just topping it with the spicy Montreal steak seasoning, adds good flavor.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Roast Chicken - super simple to make and it's leftovers for days - add to salad, soup, tacos, slices for a sandwich. Then take the bones and get some broth going. Time consuming - but so worth it.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Breakfast sandwiches - wheat toast, tomato, spinach, an egg, and cheese. Deli ham or thin sliced salami and hot sauce make these pretty decadent without a ton of calories.

Chicken sausage, spinach, garlic, grated Parm, and whole wheat pasta or a can of white beans

Turkey, Spinach & Feta Meatballs. I make a bunch and freeze them. Sometimes I eat them with pasta, sometimes roasted broccoli, sometimes on a pita with a smear of hummus and veggies

English muffin pizza - Thomas high fiber muffins, sauce, mozzarella, Parm, and mushrooms or mini turkey pepperoni

Trader Joe's mandarin orange chicken with broccoli or string beans
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    roasted sweet potato mixed some pasta (of choice), topped with some alfredo sauce and then protein of choice - filling and maybe 15-20min to make (since I pre-make sweet potato frequently)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Kung pao chickpeas with tons of cabbage. So good! I found the recipe on Pinterest but my husband tweaks it a little bit to taste.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My go to dinner is just baked chicken breast (unless my husband wants to grill them) with some form of potato and a veg and a roll.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Easy: breakfast for dinner - eggs, toast, bacon and sometimes greek yogurt
    Go to: roast in crockpot with carrots, onion and potatoes. Leftovers are amazing!
    Day to do: Cajun stuffed chicken (cheese and spinach) with steamed broccoli/mixed veggies
  • 1SewinSusan
    1SewinSusan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shell-less Tacos! I place a pile of lettuce on a dinner plate with 1/2 cup black beans, 5 oz. Taco season lean ground beef, salsa, sour cream & shredded cheese. Very filling!
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Steamed veggies, seitan, and beans or peas or quinoa or brown rice topped with Sriracha or curry paste
  • thepragmattic
    thepragmattic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof "chili", using beef instead of lamb.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Probably shrimp stir fry using raw peeled deveined shrimp, precut broccoli florets and baby carrots. Pretty much just dump everything in a screaming hot pan with some oil, season, stir until the shrimp is done.

Roasting vegetables and frozen fish in the same oven is pretty easy too. Just toss the veggies in a bowl with oil and seasonings then dump on a baking sheet and put in hot oven (400 F). Put frozen fish on another baking dish, season and add to oven 15-20 min before the veggie are done.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt blended with either frozen fruit or honey or flavoured yogurt + some added protein powder; with half a Clif bar crumbled into it.

Lunch/dinner: (mostly soups/stew/chili - stuff I can make in the electric pressure cooker in <30 minutes in ~5kg batches to last most of the week)
    • Chili (brown some lean ground beef and/or poultry, add a bunch of cans of diced tomatoes, some beans and/or lentils, and spices - chili powder, cumin, sazon,..).
    • Split pea soup (really high in fiber). (1/2 lb to 1 lb split peas, ~600g lean diced ham, some carrots, sometimes some diced tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, other miscellaneous stuff, sometimes some bouillion, fill water to max fill line).
    • Other random soup. If beef or ham as the protein source, I'll add at the beginning. If chicken†, I usually add right before microwaving a portion (I find the chicken is better that way, whereas the ham I buy is better with the longer cook time). Other random ingredients (canned, frozen vegetables) as I have on hand or am in the mood for. Also- always beans (higher fiber content keeps me feeling fuller).
    † (Also made in large batches in the electric pressure cooker, then chopped, portioned, and frozen in baggies).
    ** (Those taller than 4'10" will want to add some starchy filler calories to these in the form of added corn/pasta/rice/potatoes in the soup or a roll/corn bread on the side). I often finish them off with a side of (high-protein) cottage cheese.

Snacks:
    •hard boiled eggs with honey/dijon/spicy brown mustard
    •cottage cheese
    • 1/2 Clif bar + 1/2 PB to-go cup

I usually eat breakfast‡, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner at work, with post-run snack in the car/dancing venue. I usually only eat 'supper' (~10:30pm) at home on most nights - so my cooking habits reflect this (everything is batch cooked and portioned into containers).

‡(on weight training days, I have breakfast at home + a snack or extra breakfast after I get to work).
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    binzyAU wrote: »
    Homemade sourdough bread (toasted), egg (add salt and pepper), feta, and smashed avocado (lemon, Chipotle pepper, chopped coriander, salt and pepper) as a spread. That's breaky for ya.

I'm gonna crie, this sounds so good!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Healthychoice steamer + 2 servings of veggie cooked with it