Wii Workouts

Options
I am doing the Active more workouts six week challenge, Zumba, and The Biggest Loser Challenge 12 week program.

What Wii workouts do you love?

Replies

• cmccallum05
    cmccallum05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got a Wii and was wondering if they actually help with weight loss...I have fun doing the games and sweat like mad but I can't imagine exercising and having fun at the same time! lol Its a first!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Zumba and Just Dance 2, want to get the biggest loser too
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i lost my first 30 or so pounds on my wii fit! i still weigh in on it every morning!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I started with Wii fit. Then DDR. Then Wii fit plus. Then EA Active. Then EA Active 2.

I lost the majority of my weight while using the Wii for exercise.
  • acrx3
    acrx3 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just got the Zumba game and have played it twice, sweating like crazy both times. I do a regular Zumba class three times a week and really enjoy it so I wanted to try it on wii. I'm thinking about getting the wii fit but not sure what other games are really beneficial. I'm interested to see what you all use and like.
  • pkgeihs
    pkgeihs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit on the Wii Sports game as well as Wii Fit Plus. I like the original better cause like you said, having fun and sweating like crazy? Love it and I am losing weight so something is working. I am off all of it right now dues to surgery I just had but my doctor says as soon as I feel up to it, I can at least go back on do step programs on my balance board. I don't see that happening for another week or so though. Surgery was one week ago today and I am still pretty sore and get tired easy. Good luck! BTW, as soon as I am cleared for take off, I am going to get one of the Just Dance games. Those were recommended to me as well. Not sure I am ready for The Biggest Loser yet although I am going to look into it as well.
  • FallonMCal
    Options
    I really love the Wii active game. I find it to be fun.
  • FallonMCal
    Options
    I started with Wii fit. Then DDR. Then Wii fit plus. Then EA Active. Then EA Active 2.

I lost the majority of my weight while using the Wii for exercise.

EA Active 2. Is it very different from the first? I am thinking about getting it.
  • FallonMCal
    Options
    I just got the Zumba game and have played it twice, sweating like crazy both times.

I am so uncoordinated. Zumba is a struggle for me. I really have trouble slimming my waist and hips. Even before having kids I had trouble there. I heard dancing was good for that. I know I look like a fool, which is why I chose to go this route! The game is fun, just hard for me to keep up!
  • FallonMCal
    Options
    Zumba and Just Dance 2, want to get the biggest loser too

I saw good reviews for Just Dance. Which do you like better?
  • HeadGofer
    Options
    I am not cordinated enough for Zumba, but watching my daughter play the Just Dance 2 makes me want to go out and get a copy. It seems much easier, and the icons are going to let you know what move is coming up. I think I would prefer the Just Dance 2.
  • ledaweiss
    ledaweiss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the Just Dance games. They are a workout but really fun. My friend and I have Just Dance nights, for multi-player I prefer the second version. You can do pair dances! I'm getting the Zumba one in a few days now I'm really excited to try it!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I love Wii Fit Plus. It's saving me 30 dollars a month instead of getting a gym membership and there is so much to do.