Diet soda and weight loss?

Options
Has anyone had success losing wt and still drinking diet soda? I'm not a big fan of water.

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Love diet softdrink - easy sweet treat to have that has no calories/carbs/sugar etc.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yep. It has very few calories so it won't hinder anything.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost 50 lbs ;)
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I drink diet mountain dew every single day. Mostly in the mornings as I am not a coffee person. Most all diet soda is calorie free. As such, it has no effect on weight loss or gain.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    absolutely fine. I have been super thirsty today and craving sweet, Iv been through a good 5 cans of diet lemonade soda. So yummy. I like lemon water most times i get cravey, but some days you just need something fizzy lol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I drink it every day, hasn't hindered my weight loss in the least. Which makes perfect sense, since a zero calorie drink doesn't add any calories to your diet.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    So, @DanielleGrubaugh2014 , what's your favorite brand/flavor? Have you tried the Coke Zero?
  • DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses! I'm so happy to hear this. I know it's calorie free, but it does have quite a bit of sodium in it. I was just worried that I wouldn't see results on the scale as much because of the sodium/water retention.
  • DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options
    So, @DanielleGrubaugh2014 , what's your favorite brand/flavor? Have you tried the Coke Zero?

I love diet A&W Root beer, diet Sunkist is also great. I have tried Coke Zero and it's ok.
  • DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options
    I ❤️️ diet soda lol.. I am and will always be addicted to it.
  • junebug8465
    junebug8465 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I still drink diet soda and don't feel its hindered my weight loss in the least. I decided to give up alcohol except for a very small glass of wine (2 oz) from time to time so if I had to give up my diet soda as well, I'd feel too deprived and likely could not stick with the program!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses! I'm so happy to hear this. I know it's calorie free, but it does have quite a bit of sodium in it. I was just worried that I wouldn't see results on the scale as much because of the sodium/water retention.

I just looked at the diet soda in my fridge. It has 25mg per serving. Diet soda does not have quite a bit of sodium. That's a myth.
  • DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options

I just looked at the diet soda in my fridge. It has 25mg per serving. Diet soda does not have quite a bit of sodium. That's a myth.

Wow! Well my A&W Root Beer has 110mg per can. What diet soda do you drink that only has 25mg?
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have not had any issues losing weight while drinking diet sodas. I can't completely give up all my vices!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I too drink a diet soda or many even two each day- so far I am still losing as well.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Wow! Well my A&W Root Beer has 110mg per can. What diet soda do you drink that only has 25mg?

I just checked my Diet Dr. Pepper and there is 55mg, which is 2% of the RDA. So your 110 is like 4 or 5% (taking rounding into consideration). So just don't drink 10 a day :wink:
  • DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

I just checked my Diet Dr. Pepper and there is 55mg, which is 2% of the RDA. So your 110 is like 4 or 5% (taking rounding into consideration). So just don't drink 10 a day :wink:

Lol, I might need to cut back.. just kidding. 10 cans would be a lot.. I might drink about 6 cans/day though