I am a terrible cook.. but ready to try.. Website suggestion

Options
Hey there,
So I absolutely detest cooking, but I can't keep on this nutritional tract. I need a recipe website with the following criteria:

1) EASY recipes
2) Health, low calorie, recipes
3) Few Ingredients
4) Affordable ingredients

Please, any suggestions are much appreciated. Ready to start this evening!

Replies

• cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    cookinglight.com and hungrygirl.com have recipes. Some are detailed and complex, but there are also some that are "20-minute meals" and "5 ingredient meals" on there, too.
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Another to try: http://www.readyseteat.com/
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    First LOVE your name, my youngest daughter's name is Natalie. Second, i SUCK at cooking, luckily my husband used to be a chef so I don't have to, but as far as easy recipes go, I am sure there are TONS on this site, but I really like hungrygirl.com and skinnytaste.com the recipes are all low cal and pretty simple from what I have seen. I would recommend those as well.
  • edouglas3
    Options
    allrecipes.com is a great website! you can search recipes by how easy they are to make, how other users rate the recipe, or by ingredients. you can even make a list of a few ingredients you have and look for recipes that use what you've got on hand.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has tons of recipes, simple and easy. And, her recipes usually make 1 or 2 servings, so there's not a ton of leftovers. Did I mention simple?? I'm not a cook either, but her recipes are so easy to follow. And, DH likes them too!
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    So y'all have the hungry girl book? I am having a hard time finding a recipe section on her website?
  • Dmax12
    Dmax12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you want REALLY easy, look up "raw Cooking" its a method where they are completely organic and don't believe in heating anything, so they just mix a bunch of stuff together. The more recipies you look at as a whole, the more you will be "inspired" and thinhk of new ways to cook "fatty" meals without sugar (replace it with honey or molassas)
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Another vote for hungry-girl.com and skinnytaste.com! Those are both great sites to start with. Once you get more comfortable with cooking you can branch out!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I do have 3 or 4 of the Hungry Girl cookbooks. She also has a show on Food network. You can find some of her recipes here:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show