Pumpkin!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yummy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili, easy, healthy and delicious with 162 calories,
    Serves: 7
    Ingredients
    1 cup chopped onions
    1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    11/2 teaspoons dried oregano
    11/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 can (14 to 16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
    11/2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
    2 cups (14 to 16 ounces) canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
    1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes
    21/2 cups chicken broth
    Instructions
    1. Put all the ingredients into your slow cooker
    2. Stir to combine.
    3. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
    Cook's Notes
    Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 162 calories, 3 g fat, 20 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 16 g protein
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    alcomer wrote: »
    Yummy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili, easy, healthy and delicious with 162 calories,
    Ingredients
    1 cup chopped onions
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    21/2 cups chicken broth
    Instructions
    2. Stir to combine.
    Cook's Notes
    Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 162 calories, 3 g fat, 20 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 16 g protein

I was going to post almost this exact recipe but you beat me to it! Black bean turkey pumpkin chili is the best, and it's low calorie. The main things I do differently are that I use v8 juice and water instead of chicken broth, and I add Mrs. Renfro's green jalapeño salsa.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    alcomer wrote: »
    Ingredients
    1 cup chopped onions
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    21/2 cups chicken broth
    Instructions
    2. Stir to combine.
    Cook's Notes

I am totally going to make a vegetarian version of this. On my stovetop. I don't have a slow cooker. It just sounds so good and the weather is FINALLY turning cool next week!
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I mix it into a packaged brownie mix. No eggs or oil. And bake. Sometimes I top these with some chocolate chips, and marshmallows. It’s a treat, but healthier than regular brownies, and easier than bean ones (bc the pumpkin is already mushy), and they have a yummy pumpkin taste. I wonder if adding pumpkin pie spice would be good. There’s also a good low cal pumpkin pie made with plain gelatin. I do it crustless.

I tried this last night. The mix called for oil, eggs and water and I just did the pumpkin. Do you normally add the water with the pumpkin? The tasted great, but were kind of hard/dry/dense. I wondered if they would not be quite that way if I add the water next time.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed with Greek yogurt and sweetened with splenda. I add some pumpkin pie spice. It's also good with cottage cheese that way. I sprinkle that with nuts or flax meal and have it whenever.

I also do the oatmeal thing.

I mix it with Greek yogurt as well, but I use vanilla Greek yogurt with cinnamon and allspice.... So yummy. I haven't tried it with cottage cheese but I will be soon!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Makes good soup, too. I don't really do recipes, but maybe puree together pumpkin, lotsa caramelized onions, cooked white beans, some pepitas or sunflower seeds, chipotle peppers, plus enough broth to make the right consistency. Swirl a little fromage blanc, Greek yogurt, or some such thing on top before serving, and a sprinkle more seeds (toasted, preferably).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Year round, I have pumpkin soup and roast pumpkin about once every couple weeks.
  • nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie overnight Proats:
    -40 grams or a half cup of quick or rolled oats.
    - Half a cup of pumpkin puree.
    - Half a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
    - -8 grams of sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix.
    - 1 scoop, or 30 grams of a Vanill protein powder (whey or casein).
    - sweetener of choice and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon/nutmeg blend.
    - Mix all ingredients together thoroughly cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. 350-370 cal for this base recipe depending on the brand of protein you use.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Canned pumpkin is loaded with nutrients! I made some yummy pumpkin pudding the other day. 1 can pumpkin, 1 box of silken tofu, 2tbs of date sugar, lots of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice...put everything in a blender with a little water to get it mixing. You can thin it out and drink as a smoothie, or bake it in a pie shell, or eat it as pudding. So good and feels decadent but is fairly low in calories
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Use a nutty whole grain bread, andix some canned pumpkin and cinnamin, ginger and allspice inti french toast mix. Heavenly, healthy french toast
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great ideas, thanks everyone!