Can someone please tell me how

Options
To take exercise calories off of my daily log? I could not find it in settings. I only want to see my daily calorie allowance and my food amount I have eaten. If I went by the eat back exercise calories I would be as big as a house. Thank you

Replies

• belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Think it's hardwired into the free version. I could be wrong. In anything you'll just have to do a little math.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,099 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed to allow you to eat your exercise calories.

Enter them realistically (we're probably not walking or cycling as fast as we'd like to think we do).
    Eat a portion of them back.

Personally, when I'm actively losing weight ...
    -- if I exercise just a little bit (for example, a 1 hour walk), I eat about 50% of that back.
    -- if I exercise a moderate amount (for example, a 2 or 3-hour bicycle ride, or an hour in spinning class + an hour walking + 30 min on the rowing machine), I might eat about 75% of that back.
    -- if I exercise a lot (for example, a 6-hour bicycle ride), I might eat closer to 90% of that back.

I lost 50 lbs that way. :)
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ignore them. That's what I do.
  • nicolega2001
    nicolega2001 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can always add exercise at the end of the day after you've eaten all you are going to eat for the day. It will still show up but it might make counting easier.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I like to see exercise calories for funsies, but I already have some calories allotted in my calorie goal for exercise. So, after I log my exercise, I just do a quick-add for the same number of calories.
  • soon2beeskinny
    soon2beeskinny Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do not eat those back because it is everyday walking that I do with my job. I do not count that as exercise. There is no way I could eat an additional 700 calories a day because I went to work. My Fitbit is synced to MFP
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I do not eat those back because it is everyday walking that I do with my job. I do not count that as exercise. There is no way I could eat an additional 700 calories a day because I went to work. My Fitbit is synced to MFP

It's activity, and you should eat to fuel your activity level appropriately. I generally earn 600-700 calories on top of my sedentary setting due to my steps from fitbit. I eat them.

However, you could just unsynch your fitbit. Why have it synched if you don't want to follow the calculations?
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you're walking enough at your job to give you 600-700 extra calories, you should probably be fairly active or active and it wont' adjust you as much for your steps.
    Or like @veganbaum said, just disconnect the sync if you don't want it
  • oreo_cookies_1992
    oreo_cookies_1992 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You're suppose to eat back half or more than your exercise calories. Your body is moving and needs to be fueled. That's like saying that because you drive to work, the gas doesn't count. Whether your moving your body through a scheduled work out or moving your body doing your work.. it's still burning calories. Your body doesn't know the difference between your activities.

I would at least eat half of them back..even if you fill them with calorie dense foods.. like nuts!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

If I didn’t eat my Fitbit adjustment back I wouldn’t have the energy to do my job. If you don’t want to, then you’ll have to change your activity level to reflect what you do.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

What activity level have you chosen?
    How many steps do you average?
    What rate of loss did you choose?
    How long have you been using FitBit synced with MFP?
    What rate of loss have you had during that time?

If you are getting large FitBit adjustments it's usually because you are more active than your settings in MFP predict you would be. Likely you need to increase your activity level setting in MFP.

Many of us have found FitBit to be very accurate at predicting calorie burns and have trusted the adjustments that MFP makes with no adverse impact to weight loss or maintenance. Sometimes a bit of faith is necessary to get over the belief that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight...