Steps Calories

Options
Hi! I’m currently using an Apple Watch to track my activity and noticed a lot has been revamped since the last time I used this app (years ago). Yesterday I walked about 6700 steps and the calories said it equaled to 58 burned calories. Another app says it was a lot more. Any suggestions? I saw on my main page that my Apple Watch is connected.

Replies

• celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don’t think regular walking is going to burn much. That’s part of your day to day and I wouldn’t count on that to get more calories during the day. And regular walking to me is to/from the bathroom, in the kitchen cooking dinner, walking into work, etc.
  • baoyaoren
    baoyaoren Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Check if you've set up the app correctly, and check especially the units used.
    And make sure that if you log steps, you set your activity level to sedentary.
  • HELENMARIEBROOME
    HELENMARIEBROOME Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Remember that calories burned uses more than steps to calculate. It, also, involves weight, age, activity level, etc. Years ago, you may have been heavier, less/more active, younger. It is best in my opinion - if you know the app. and your current profile is correct, then just deal with the present and not worry about the past. We would all like to burn more calories.