New from Texas

Options
Hello, I'm new to the forum and less than a week on the app.

I was curious why strength exercises don't have any calorie value when I add them to my daily diary.

I like the app, it keeps me on target. If I can make a few friends, it may help motivate me that much more.

Replies

• eodell1
    eodell1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Does anyone know why strength exercises don't have any calorie value associated with them when added to the diary?
  • trishc39076
    Options
    I am new also! Good luck to you!
  • firefightinflip
    Options
    I have no idea.......you would have to google the workout and see how many calories it burned and manually put it in! Apparently, p90x doesn't burn calories unless your doing cardio or yoga!
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I don't know why the strength exercises don't do that. One suggestion that I can give is to use a heart rate monitor when you work out to track how many calories you burn when doing your exercise. Then you can create your own exercise and enter the time and actual calories burned. I have been doing something similar for my TurboFire workouts that are more strength-based.[If you don't have one yet - from convos with other coaches and reviewing message boards on here - Polar seems to be the best brand. I have a cheap one and it sucks!! I will be checking out a Polar soon!!]

I would love to support you in your health and fitness journey - feel free to send a buddy request :)

Hope that helps!!

:)
    Erika