Diet soda and weight loss?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Thank you for all the responses! I'm so happy to hear this. I know it's calorie free, but it does have quite a bit of sodium in it. I was just worried that I wouldn't see results on the scale as much because of the sodium/water retention.

I just looked at the diet soda in my fridge. It has 25mg per serving. Diet soda does not have quite a bit of sodium. That's a myth.

Wow! Well my A&W Root Beer has 110mg per can. What diet soda do you drink that only has 25mg?

Diet Dr. Pepper ... So just don't drink 10 a day :wink:

Them's fightin' words.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I lost and have kept the weight off all while drinking a lot of Diet Coke.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses! I'm so happy to hear this. I know it's calorie free, but it does have quite a bit of sodium in it. I was just worried that I wouldn't see results on the scale as much because of the sodium/water retention.

I just looked at the diet soda in my fridge. It has 25mg per serving. Diet soda does not have quite a bit of sodium. That's a myth.

Wow! Well my A&W Root Beer has 110mg per can. What diet soda do you drink that only has 25mg?

I drink different diet sodas depending on what's on sale. Diet Shasta Cola is what's in the fridge currently.

Big K Diet Cola (Kroger's generic) also only has 25mg per serving.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

I drink different diet sodas depending on what's on sale. Diet Shasta Cola is what's in the fridge currently.

Big K Diet Cola (Kroger's generic) also only has 25mg per serving.

I have equally refined and discriminating tastes. I mostly drink Walmart/Sam's Club generic diet cola and diet "Dr. Thunder" - 35mg sodium per 12 oz. can.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Costino1 wrote: »
    I have one once in a while. Maybe 48 oz a week. Drs state that it increases your appetite and suppresses your metabolism. I personally have not experienced those effects at all.

Doctors who say that should stop listening to Dr. Oz and reading clickbait articles.

Maybe it was Dr. Oz who said it. I could easily believe that. :D I could picture that kind of trash coming from Mercola too.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bumping to kick down the Spammers.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Costino1 wrote: »
    I have one once in a while. Maybe 48 oz a week. Drs state that it increases your appetite and suppresses your metabolism. I personally have not experienced those effects at all.

Really? Caffeine (a stimulant) makes you hungry and slows your metabolism? What Dr's are these?
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda. I recently found the Rubicon spring water with fruit juice, a 500 ml bottle has between 12 - 15 calories depending on flavour. It's not marketed as diet, and it does taste like a diet drink.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    60+ lbs lost and weight maintained for closing in on 6 years while getting my "water" almost exclusively from diet drinks (including plenty of diet A&W) and coffee.

ETA: And apart from a vitamin D deficiency which runs in my family, my blood work for my last check up was exemplary.