Too hot to eat?

Options
Today has been swelteringly hot, and very humid. I find it really tough trying to eat anything when it is as warm as this. I was wondering if anyone had a go-to food for when the heat affects them? Is there anything you can eat even in hot weather?

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too since I had the same problem this past weekend... Spent all day outside in the hot humid weather and eating wasn't appealing to me at all!
  • tlahuiltzin
    tlahuiltzin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    shaved italian ice. LOL. It's pure sugar, no nutritional value and a medium is about the same calories as a meal, a little over 200. But it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good when it's too hot to eat. Not the healthiest choice though.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    fruit and fruit juices,and real fruit popsicles.
    yumm.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I go for fresh fruit (especially watermelon) and cottage cheese for breakfast at least. REALLY refreshing.
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Gazpacho! I love soup, and I love having it for breakfast especially, but since our house isn't air conditioned, I've switched to gazpacho or cold cucumber-yogurt soup instead of my regular egg drop. I could eat a million cucumbers, though, in soup or just plain.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Try frozen fruit - if you like bananas they taste creamy and sweet and great after being frozen and peeled (use a peeler if you can't get the skin off). Strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and so forth freeze well and are a great food - make a smoothie if you want with them, or eat alone.

Cold soup, as mentioned is good... as is cold pasta salad (try: kalamata olives, feta cheese, cold potato, balsamic, olive oil, a bit of whole wheat pasta).

I also find that the heat will turn down my appetite and it becomes harder to eat - work around that with a tiny bit of chocolate or other special treat to jump start your hunger again.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    What about a nice salad? Tons of cool veggies that you can put on there. You can top it with leftover rotisserie/roasted/baked chicken, fish, shrimp, beef/steak, or beans if that's your thing. Salsa is a great way to keep things cool, while not killing yourself on calories.
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, I will try out some of these suggestions soon! They sounds good.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit is a fave of mine. Grapes, strawberry and pineapple are the best.
    Yogurt
    Cheese
    Big fat deli sandwich with lots of veggies
    Frozen yogurt
  • Fiesta80
    Fiesta80 Posts: 35
    Options
    i was eating a lot of cucumber when the heat wave was by us. and fruits. and frozen yogurt..... :love:
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Gazpacho! I love soup, and I love having it for breakfast especially, but since our house isn't air conditioned, I've switched to gazpacho or cold cucumber-yogurt soup instead of my regular egg drop. I could eat a million cucumbers, though, in soup or just plain.

Soup for breakfast - now that is something to think about. Thanks.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    Today has been swelteringly hot, and very humid. I find it really tough trying to eat anything when it is as warm as this. I was wondering if anyone had a go-to food for when the heat affects them? Is there anything you can eat even in hot weather?

Fruit, veggies, and low cal fruity-ish popcicles.
    The last as a treat, of course. :]
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, whole wheat pitas with lettuce and carrots. If you have a trader joes the tzazkiki dip is unbelievable. I like it on naan bread but it is tasty as a dip or on salads or in sandwiches instead of mayo. I also brew herbal tea and chill it in the fridge (right now is wild sweet orange) and go for fruit popsicles. They are usually under 100 calories and tasty.