Rock and Hardplace

Options
Sooo My husband and I am going Icefishing in a few hours with my mom & stepdad, and a few other people. My mom is all excited and told me she was going to pack a nice lunch. I told her I was trying to eat healthier to lose weight so not to do anything special, but if she could keep that in mind when packing the lunch (ie not put butter on my sandwich, etc.). She called this morning all excited... She is bringing:

Hot dogs, chips, potato salad, chocolate bars, slim jims and pop.

.... I really can not afford a cheat day and if I bring anything seperate it will hurt her feelings because she went to all this trouble.

Help.

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Sooo My husband and I am going Icefishing in a few hours with my mom & stepdad, and a few other people. My mom is all excited and told me she was going to pack a nice lunch. I told her I was trying to eat healthier to lose weight so not to do anything special, but if she could keep that in mind when packing the lunch (ie not put butter on my sandwich, etc.). She called this morning all excited... She is bringing:

.... I really can not afford a cheat day and if I bring anything seperate it will hurt her feelings because she went to all this trouble.

Help.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You need to worry about you and put yourself first. Plus you will set up the guidelines and show her. She probably does not have all the info you have. I would pack your own lunch-thank her profusely for her lunch and let it go. It is a lunch-she's your mom, she'll get over it. Tell her the reasons you are eating healthy-she Im sure wants you to be happy!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    How about eat the hot dog but skip the chips and pop and bring your own water. And have a small serving of the potato salad. And maybe bring a small snack to add to what your mom and telling her you wanted to contribute to the food. And just plain refuse the chocolate bar everyone knows that's not healthy.
    Good luck and have fun:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How about eat the hot dog but skip the chips and pop and bring your own water. And have a small serving of the potato salad. And maybe bring a small snack to add to what your mom and telling her you wanted to contribute to the food. And just plain refuse the chocolate bar everyone knows that's not healthy.
    Good luck and have fun:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:

i agree with this answer!!!
  • johnjon99
    johnjon99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Help.

My mom is JUST LIKE THIS. So is my grandma. I typically do what age1389 says. I'll eat a little of this...a little of that and avoid the rest of the CRAP. And, if you still feel guilty be sure to exercise it off! But, I totally agree...it's really really difficult when your mom wants to cook for her baby.
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Pack your own lunch, then you can show your mother what you meant by eating healthier. Next time she will know what to make for you and might even join you in your nutritional quest...Have a really great time.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Pack your own lunch, then you can show your mother what you meant by eating healthier. Next time she will know what to make for you and might even join you in your nutritional quest...Have a really great time.

I would go with this option. Sometimes you have to make a stand for yourself. What about your feelings? Put your feeling first not your mothers.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You need to take care of you...it's not like you didn't advise your mom. Take care of number one and if mom says anything be nice and say no thanks. Good luck! YOU can DO it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You could always bring enough veggies & fruits to pass around and some bottled water....then fill up on yours and leave possibly one bite for hotdog, and a few teaspoons of potato salad. Skip all the junk that will have you regretting or feeling guilty..its just not worth the feeling...