Using my Smartphone for the right reasons

Options
Hi all, I'm on a journey, currently lost 42kg in exactly 12 months to the day but hit a flat spot the last 3 months. No doctors, dieticians just yours truly.
Got a new phone and Downloaded the app to monitor my food intake, it's made me so cautious in terms of what I eat. I have hit a flat spot as since July I have only lost 3 kg. Why?

Replies

• AusManok74
    AusManok74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've made some great progress already. The only thing in the end really is your calorie intake. You might a flat spot here and there but if you consistently and honestly log everything you'll get there for sure. Good luck with it!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body just needs a chance to catch up with your loss. It's not necessarily that you're doing anything wrong, it might mean that you're doing it right.

If your "flat spot" means no weight loss for 3 weeks or so, then re-evaluate whether your logging is accurate. If it just seems slow, then maybe try upping your exercise or lowering your calories by a bit.
  • pezen007
    pezen007 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cheers for the encouragement, I find it amazing how the human body responds and how we as humans are trying to find the ideal way to make it operate safely and efficiently!
  • lorrainebenj51
    lorrainebenj51 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mayb n idea to check yr measurements u l b amazed at the changes even if u feel yr not loosing every week...grwat effort by the way well done
  • pezen007
    Options
    Very true, I have noticed big changes in my body shape, I just weighed myself and had great success today.
    The past 12 months I was on the 5-2 diet which yielded me success, I have since changed using the app and eating foods my body can break down the quickest and eating only 3 times a day. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and want all the weight to come off in a couple if months. Without realising it took many years to put off. The 2.5kg loss this week put a smile to my face but I have 47.5kg to go. I'd be happy to share with you my daily menu! Keep at it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    It's not what you eat, eating foods that your body can break down the quickest, how often or when you eat. It's how much you eat, measured by the energy it contains (kcals or kJs).

Are you weighing your food and logging it? How many calories are you consuming? If you're eating the same amount you ate when you started losing weight when you weighed 42 kg more, it's not surprising that your weight loss would slow.
  • pezen007
    Options
    Weighing food is a process that I began to do 2 weeks ago. At the moment from 140kg to 100kg I'm averaging 180g of protein plus 180g of select vegetables. Once I reach 100kg my understanding is the weights will drop to approx 100g. Carbs to a minimum, I think the problem was to much olive oil and buttering my diet initially, now I measure i.e 1 tablespoon or 2 Max on a salad. Though I thought olive oil is natural and good for you. Heaps of Veges in the garden helps too:)
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job on the weight loss Sir. Any day not gaining is a good day, in our minds it feels unrewarding when the scales don't move down but perhaps it can be just as rewarding not seeing the scales go up. Cheers again on your weight loss, I hope you the best
  • pezen007
    Options
    Cheers for the encouragement ironjay37, I reckon you bring up a super point that of being mentally fit, the ancient Greeks had the philosophy healthy mind = healthy body. I tended to experience frustration and anger in terms of my weight by starting and never being strong enough, maintaining discipline. So many years passed and I was unable to COMMIT to a change in lifestyle, unable to find the balance between family, work, friends and time to myself! I guess I'll treat this as a learning experience.